good cymbal boom stands and snare stand at the price range of 80 euros each?

greetings from greece
i am in the verge of purchasing 3 cymbal boom stands and one snare stand. the 2 cymbal stands will be used for crashes and the other cymbal stand will be used for my ride, and i also want to mount to it one cymbal arm to fit a 14 inch china on it.
i need good stands that will stay in their place, that are firm and that they will last. forever. (though forever is very relevant). if they come with a quick way to hold the cymbal it is good
(i was thinking of perhaps something like this?
http://www.thomann.de/gr/tama_qc8_quickset_cymbal_mate.htm
is this the best choice or not? i am not familiar with all those gadgets

for the snare stand i do want it not to move at all, i want to be able to achieve any angle for my snare and to be able to place my snare low enough (i have a 14x6.5 mapex black panther sledgehammer snare)

i have read numerous threads of this forum.
the snare stand i was thinking is this
Tama HS700WN Snare Stand (it is able of achieving any angles right?)
i cant think of any other stand, idlove to hear suggestions and reasons why i should think of another stand rather than the one i mentioned.

about the cymbal stands. i was thinking of Tama HC73BWN Cymbal Boom Stand
they seem great they have a quick release system for the cymbal etc.
but then i came across this which is almost 20 euros cheaper Tama HC33BW
i know it doesnt have the quick release of the HC73BWN, but the quick release can be purchased for 4 euros. so is there any other difference between
Tama HC33BW and Tama HC73BWN. since both are in my price range, i dont mind getting the more expensive one so that i am with a better cymbal stand for my drumming years to come. (please mind that these cymbal stands will be used for gigging a lot from now on so there will be a lot of mounting unmounting so i do not wish for the screws etc to get fecked up after some time)

i was also thinking about the one stand that will be used as a ride stand to pay some more. i read about the DW 9701 and how it can get low enough so that the ride cymbal is just above the kick or floor tom. some times i need the ride higher so that i can crash it. other times i like it low . either way i want to be able to have the choice. will i be ok with the other stands i mentioned? or should i invest in the dw onw. is it that much better? again, i have to pinpoint that money is an issue, but if there is so much difference in quality and feautures i can try and buy the dw one for a ride stand

also about the cymbal arm i want to mount my china i was thinking about this
Tama MCA63EN Cymbal Boom Arm
http://www.thomann.de/gr/tama_mca63en_beckenhaltearm.htm
are there any other suggestions?

ps1. if there is another system that is better and faster than Tama QC8 Quick-Set Cymbal Mate please do inform me
ps2. sorry for the long post. i really look forward to your answers and suggestions. thank you
ps3. i have seen that there are a Tama HC73BWN and a Tama HC73BWM. any ideas about the difference of the "N" version vs the"M" version? thanx again

Last edited:
Hello there!
I own multiple HC73BWN stands, and I must say they are thoroughly rock solid. The major difference between the HC73BWN and the HC33BW is the 'Quickset Tilter'. So the more expensive one allows you to place your cymbal at absolutely any angle, while the less expensive one has the traditional gear tilter, i.e. it isn't as precise as the Roadpro. It is definitely worth the extra 20 Euros to get the Roadpro stand over the Stagemaster.
As for the Cymbal Mate - it rocks. I have them holding down all my crashes, and I have never had a single issue with them. They come off quick, and can be turned like a normal wingnut to make finer adjustments.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Hello there!
I own multiple HC73BWN stands, and I must say they are thoroughly rock solid. The major difference between the HC73BWN and the HC33BW is the 'Quickset Tilter'. So the more expensive one allows you to place your cymbal at absolutely any angle, while the less expensive one has the traditional gear tilter, i.e. it isn't as precise as the Roadpro. It is definitely worth the extra 20 Euros to get the Roadpro stand over the Stagemaster.
As for the Cymbal Mate - it rocks. I have them holding down all my crashes, and I have never had a single issue with them. They come off quick, and can be turned like a normal wingnut to make finer adjustments.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!
this helps a lot my friend thank you so much.
can i ask another final question? if you accidentaly hit the quick cymbal mate, will it fly into the air or something like that, or no problem it will stay in place? thank you

I too can attest to the Tama HC73BWN cymbal stands. I probably have ten of them and been using them for about five years with no issues. As for the cymbal mate, I'm old fashioned and use their standard wing nuts.

Dennis

I too can attest to the Tama HC73BWN cymbal stands. I probably have ten of them and been using them for about five years with no issues. As for the cymbal mate, I'm old fashioned and use their standard wing nuts.

Dennis

Wow, 10 stands, I assume this is for a studio with multiple kits. I can't imagine you with 10 plus cymbals set up around you.

I was actually on Tama's site last night and I have to say that their hardware is second to none. Pearl's top of the line stuff is good too.

Wow, 10 stands, I assume this is for a studio with multiple kits. I can't imagine you with 10 plus cymbals set up around you.

I was actually on Tama's site last night and I have to say that their hardware is second to none. Pearl's top of the line stuff is good too.

Yes, I use them on both my Starclassic Bubinga drums and my Gretsch Renowns and always keep a spare which I never needed. I also have a good supply of Pearl, Yamaha, DW and Ludwig stands that I use. They're all great stands.

Dennis

Back