Things you hate to have happen while drumming

I hate hitting your hand whilst playing aswell. More specifically I think the worst instance is when you hit your thumb or 1st finger... It's so hard to get the power back in your snare hits!

i had the cam on my pedal fall off of the pedal...strange i know..

i also hate it when you go for a huge tom fill and the stick just goes straight through the head and it throws you off because your stick is inside of the drum and the head is busted and you arent holding onto your stick anymore...

texassoundman said:
"Hey man, do you know Wipeout?"

Ha! Ive gotten that one before. Or how about

"Do you know how to play the opening to Sugar Were Going Down?' Ugh.

I play the opening to Rock and Roll every time says that just to throw people off. They give me that "Hey , thats the wrong part, but its still cool!' look.

When the woman running the gig comes up ON STAGE, IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SOLO, to ask you if she can use the mic to make an announcement.

No kidding.

the worst things that could happen while playing drums...

falling off the back of the stage.

getting major cramps in the gluteus maximus because the bass drum is too close.

playing a song a million times, then when you record and listen to it, that fill you thought was just oh so awesome... just... isn't.

when you have to play a set, and the snare is one foot off the ground, and you can't raise it.

when people tell you to play quieter!

When I go for a rimshot but my stick slips of something and I end up rimshotting my finger, it's painful for the rest of the jam/gig.

looks like everyone hate 2 things generaly

1 droping the stick
2 hitting himself with stick

damn sticks

Momentary brain damage...

Usually occurs when I feel that I'm doing a great job on something...

Just when I think, "Man, I've really matured", or whatever.. That's when the goofy mistake will occur... A slight time fluctuation, a missed rimshot, or whatever.

I think it's the universe's way of saying, "Keep trying, goofball".

I seen one really good drummer go through something particularly embarrassing.

I think it's called 'brain fart'? His mind went completely blank and he stopped playing in the middle of a solo. He just suddenly couldn't do anything. He was able to conitinue after nearly 2 minutes, but boy that must have been scary. His expression was priceless!

Never happened to him before and he's a young fellow, in his twenties. Hasn't happened since and it was caught on camera.

The utmost worst thing I had happen was I was playin a gig and I was really in the groove. I did a huge fill and came back around and went to hit my crash. Well......... I brought the stick back adrenalin flowin and full of vibes and hit myself right square on top of my mellon and damn near knocked myself out. i totally lost my place in the song and as if that twernt bad enough the lead singer lost it because he just happened to be lookin at me when I did it he couldnt sing again for almost five minutes he was lahgin so hard. (little advice: your head against Vic Firth = Mas Pain and Vic Firth wins (lmaaaooooo)

The Dawg

Remember when counting in the first song that you forgot to go to the bahroom.
Spoils the whole set.
There must be some beer drinkers and on the board that knows what I am talking about.

Cheers!

My top ten things i hate to have happen while drumming, all of which actually happened!

10. Drop stick
9. Hit self in eye with stick
8. Floor tom leg nut loosens up causing floor tom to lean and rest on my bass drum
playing leg ( in the middle of "higher ground" - chili peppers version).
7. coming in late
6. coming in early
5. Music stand light coming loose and resting on sheet music.
4. Bass player hitting cymbal with neck of guitar (trying to be cool).
3. Crowd throwing stuff at band
2. Bass drum pedal / pedal beater breaking
1. Drum head break

Class A Drummer said:
o yeah, i also hate hitting myself in the face with my stick.

This rarely happens to me but I remember the first time it happened I was playing BYOB and I hit myself in the face so hard there was a red dot on my forehead for the rest of the day. And it happened on the day of a gig, so I looked a little stupid with a red dot on my forehead that wasnt supposed to be there.

I really hate when I gonk the drum when I don't mean to, rim+head at same time. I also hate when I have this radical fill that I improvised and it doesn't fit or go right and sounds horrible

this is uncommon... when your playing and some drunk comes up in the middle of a song and starts talking to you, expecting you to keep the song going AND talk to them

I hate not being situated right... like the song gets started and it's too late for me to adjust my seat that little inch or whatever, so I'm stuck like that till the song's over.

I would'nt consider breaking a head or a stick quite as bad because people actually think your cool for doing it. The only thing is that it costs you money.

wow, too many tings... breaking/.dropping sticks in the middle of a gig, cuz im also a vocalist forgetting the words or getting a little...uncoordinated while playing and messing up, falling cymbal/snare stand, hitting ur hand while playing... hitting your STICKS while playing (iunno y that throws me off, but it does) and when u get huge blisters on ur hand for gripping ur sticks too tight (bad technique i know, but sometimes u frgt about that while playing)

One time at a show right in the begining of the song my stick broke in half and i had tp play with it like that...u could barely even hear the cymbals when i hit them it sucked

Back