18" Tom Conversion.

Salix

I need some suggestions.
I have an 18" floor tom I want to convert into a bass.
I aim to drill no holes, and only add and remove hardware.
Since it's an 18" it seems unnecessary to add a riser.

Atlas Spurs for stabilization and lifting the tom just a bit off the floor.
A wood hoop for at least the batter side, so I can clamp the pedal and generally make it look like a bass drum.

There are more issues involved and was hoping people could give me a rundown of those and various solutions.

You should be able to us the leg holders to hold spurs. Find the spurs, two hoops, sixteen claws and rods you should be up and running. Maybe get a PS3 or Emad for the batter.

You should be able to us the leg holders to hold spurs. Find the spurs, two hoops, sixteen claws and rods you should be up and running. Maybe get a PS3 or Emad for the batter.

PS3 sounds good along with an Ambassador on the resonant side.
Everything is pretty easy to find, but I was wondering if there were any specific places to look for some wood hoops.

PS3 sounds good along with an Ambassador on the resonant side.
Everything is pretty easy to find, but I was wondering if there were any specific places to look for some wood hoops.

Anywhere you can buy Keller shell or drum hardware. Billy Blast, Precision Drum, American Drum Parts are a few. I bought a shell and hoops from Billy Blast.

Somebody sells a packaged conversion kit that uses the existing leg holes. I'll see if I can find a link.

If you'e looking for something with a rail on top: Dunnett

No rail, Pearl makes the Jungle Jig

Back