My New Pork Pie Hip Pig Kit

Not sure what to post this in, rather than make a new thread, but I played one of these kits yesterday and they sounded and felt VERY good. For the $ anyway. The hardware seemed okay too, which was surprising for the under 1k price point.

Kind of curious too, about how you like that size Supralite. I'm seriously considering one.

Sparks, I missed this post initially, but that is a great-looking kit, and i'll bet it sounds as nice as it looks. I'm glad wildbill asked about the 6X13 Ludwig Supralite snare, too. As posted elsewhere, I played one of these this morning and was really enthused by the sound. One of the best-sounding snares I've played recently. What are your thoughts about it now that you've had it for a while? What kind of tuning have you settled on? Any issues with it such as detuning or snare strainer durability?

GeeDeeEmm

love the sizes and finish. let's hear how they sound. also I suggest getting a drum rug because I didn't at first and I have some grease spots on my basement rug.

Last edited:
That is one sweet little piggy that you have there. :)
I really like center lug kits. I am glad that they are making a comeback as of late.

Wow, wow, wow! I love it. Center lug goodness and wood finish just looks great.

Congrats!

Last edited:
The local GC got one of those sets in and I gave it a few hits.
Looks good, sounds good, and the price isn't too bad.
It had a snare that looked like it matched, and that sounded good to me also.
Nice stuff.

After months of searching and almost pulling the trigger on a Luddy Centennial kit I've heard these piggies sing and I am a born again Pork Pie convert. Thanks for letting me see the light and the way.

Very nice looking kit! I was going to get that exact model, but I got an amazing deal on a Yamaha Maple Custom, so I didn't. But I use a Hip Pig snare and it's been great.
I do plan on getting a Pork Pie kit if decide to sell.

Much better with the spurs changed lol enjoy # 3 :) who is number #2?

But...who is Number One???

By the way, absolutely lovely kit OP! Thinking about buying one of these myself. Love the vintage-y look. Nyatoh is supposedly the Asian equivalent of mahogany...and I'm a sucker for the mahogany tone.

Last edited:
Back