Which pedal should I chose?

DrOshawott

I've been on a huge debate recently on which pedals I should upgrade to. Been doing lots of research on most notably the Speed Cobras and the different kinds of Iron Cobras. Read up on all of them and still no idea which to chose.

I'd like to know your guys opinions, and maybe a brief overview on the Speed, Power Glide, Rolling Glide, and Flexing Glide.

I mostly play progressive and death metal such as Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, Ne Obliviscaris, and Persefone. Might eliminate some choices of pedals here for my playstyle.

Hi there. I play the same type of music, and I use the IC rolling glide. I cannot speak for the flexi, but its really all down to you. The rolling glide is a lot smoother and in my use faster, but a lot of metal guys use power glides. The speed cobras im pretty certain are just long board rolling glides. Your albsolute best bet is just to try them all.

Speed cobras will be your best bet out of the Cobra line up.

The extra leverage from the long boards makes playing much easier at higher speeds. Longer pedal board = more chain pulled for less movement, which means you won't have to lift your legs as much.

As with anything tactile, your best bet is to try the various pedals and decide which feels good and allows you to do what you want. Don't be afraid to make some adjustments, sometimes a little tweak makes a world of difference.

The Tamas are nice - I still have an old Cobra - but there several great pedals from the other mainstream companies as well as the underdogs. Do some exploring, your feet will tell you which is best.

Bermuda

Thanks for the responses guys. Though, is there any other recommendations besides the cobra series? Perhaps Axis, Demon Drives, Tricks, etc.

Whatever you end up choosing, direct drives are the way to go for speed and control.

I've played on the Pearl Demon drive a bunch. It feels incredible!

There's also the GIBRALTAR 9711G-DB G-CLASS.
I don't think it's gotten much credit, but it is a great pedal! Check it out, for sure!!!

Which pedal should I chose

correct me if im wrong, but couldnt you just flip the swivel around so it wouldnt be in your way?

I used to play Iron Cobras. They are fairly stiff and heavier feeling but they're fine for playing AAL etc. it's the high speed stuff where they will fall short. No one plays iron Cobras in wfd I'll put money on that.

I would get them over the speed Cobras because I don't like long boards.

I had the Iron Cobra FlexiGlide at one point and it was a great pedal. The problem with me and new pedals is, I make them all feel like my old Tama FlexiFlyer from 1978. So I keep going back to that pedal. In fact, that pedal lives in my trap case with the gigging kit along with an identical spare. All those new pedals I buy all feel like that one, and they're at home.

I want to make an update, and this time I'll name names.

I'd been using the Taye Metalworks pedal for the last 4 years, and it's a really wonderful pedal. But I recently tried the Ludwig Atlas Pro pedal on a gig, and it's even wonderfuller! As a result, I'm changing my endorsement to the Ludwig!

I stand by what I said about trying different pedals, just be sure to check out the Ludwig when you do.

Bermuda

I want to make an update, and this time I'll name names.

I'd been using the Taye Metalworks pedal for the last 4 years, and it's a really wonderful pedal. But I recently tried the Ludwig Atlas Pro pedal on a gig, and it's even wonderfuller! As a result, I'm changing my endorsement to the Ludwig!

I stand by what I said about trying different pedals, just be sure to check out the Ludwig when you do.

Bermuda

I've been eyeing that pedal too. I'm sure I can make it feel like my FlexiFlyer ;)

I play metal/speed metal/tech-metal, etc...

Any of the ICs will be good. As for the differences, the website tells you all you need to know. I played power glides for a while and can tell you that they hit hard.

I can also vouch for DW. I have a pair of DW 9000s and love them. For the last number of years I have also been using modified 7000s (see my DW 7850 thread) and I have no complaints.

I have played axis pedals and can tell you that the speed and sensitivity are nice, and the pedal is well made. The issue for me was that they are not as powerful as the chain drives and do not rebound as hard.

Hope this helps.

I've been using the Iron Cobra Powerglide duals for the last 8 years up until I switched over to DD with the Axis X Longboard duals this past week. It's a major change for me, I feel like it's more effortless to increase speed, but brings out my bad habits I picked up from the ICs in my early years. I'd say go for DD, it's worth the money in the long run. Hell, I'd buy a pair of Tricks if I could actually afford them.

The thing is, those top of the line pedals are all great pedals. You just have to go out and try them just like you's try on a new pair of shoes. I play an awesome Axis pedal on one kit and a Pearl P-90 pedal on another. The Pearl costs less than a hundred bucks and plays wonderfully. I'm very impressed with it, but I still like the Axis better.

I've been on a huge debate recently on which pedals I should upgrade to. Been doing lots of research on most notably the Speed Cobras and the different kinds of Iron Cobras. Read up on all of them and still no idea which to chose.

I'd like to know your guys opinions, and maybe a brief overview on the Speed, Power Glide, Rolling Glide, and Flexing Glide.

I mostly play progressive and death metal such as Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders, Ne Obliviscaris, and Persefone. Might eliminate some choices of pedals here for my playstyle.

I am all so looking to buy a new pedal for my new saturn v im getting. Im getting it for my wife but we will both be playing it. I bought a new Gretsch catalina maple earlier this year with a dw 5000 pedal. The drums are great and i have allways used dw pedals 5000 being my fav. But on this new kit i would like to get some mapex hardware. I all ready have the falcon hi hat stand which is wonderful, so im leaning toward the falcon single pedal and the falcon snare stand. I like the long foot board on the falcon pedal and she really likes the hi hat stand so the pedals are the same> As far as boom stands i like the Tama road pro with the detachable counter weight thinking this would support the toms well along with a 18 and 16in crash. Anybody think this would be a good setup as far as hardware. I thought the Mapex boom stands were a little pricey, with nothing more to offer then the tama, found these new on zsounds.com for $92.00 a piece. I know this thread is about pedals so any suggestion on that falcon pedal would be greatly appreciated, ive heard nothing but good things. I live in a small town no big music stores to try out these things as people suggest, so i get most my info on this site and google.

Back