What's your "day" job?

Mykill

Thread title says it all. What are the skills that pay your bills?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Your "day" job

I'm a student and want to work in gamedevelopment one day. besides that I work as a freelance programmer just to have some money.

I'm a junior in highschool. After that, i drive over to work where i clean buildings, small school, church, dr.'s offices, and some office buildings. So you could call me a janitor. :D

local party store. But its next to a rec park and beach where pretty ladies like to go.

I'm the head chef at a small place. I've been there since January, due to my daughter's birth last year. Before the place I work at now, I was the sous-chef of one of the biggest, busiest places in Stockholm (and therefor Sweden), but it became too tiresome with a baby at home.

I hope to get back into the "real restaurant action scene" sometime next year, to keep my career going in the right direction.

I'm in my 37th year as an "Administrative Professional" ... what used to be called a secretary. For the last 5-1/2 years I've worked for a civil engineering/land surveying company where they call me a 'Project Administrator', and pay me rather well for typing, filing, answering phones, keeping them organized and out of trouble ... the actual work is somewhere between babysitting a bunch of 2-year-olds, and herding cats.
I currently have a 27-mile comute, which takes me from 90 mintues to 2-1/2 hours in the morning and over an hour at night ... needless to say, I'm actively looking for a job closer to home.
I've had some great jobs (and some not so great!) in my career ... 3 years for the US Navy as US Project Secretary on the Joint US/UK Sonar Program, which got me a trip to sea on a British Navy ship; and Office Administrator for the company that wrote the training programs for the Navy F-14 Pilots at TopGun, which got me ... uh ... well ... never mind that! (**tee hee**).
My job is merely a sideline to allow me to keep a roof over my head, and food in the pantry. If I could find a way to make a living with the whole 'work' aspect of the thing, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Work takes up far too much time I'd rather be devoting to things I love and enjoy (such as, oh, say, drumming!).

I work in a law firm. I always have my sticks and pad availalable. The real nice part is, there is always a vacant office to practice in during lunch time.

Back