WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO MOST OF YOU'LL LISTEN TO??

I was waiting to find out just how long the insanity would last. That was my intentions.

Dennis

Couldn't have said it better PFOG. I now think this argument is about one trying to be more sophisticated with words than the other, not about hip hop.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you if this is not directed toward me. But if I am looking pretentious with words and being long winded, which I know I have a tendency to do, it's only because I'm trying to be as clear and open as possible with the goal of mutual understanding, and I suck at being concise and eloquent. Trying to be more sophisticated with words would be exactly the wrong thing to do.

Can't speak for Duck, but dear god....if there is a point to be made here somewhere, I beg you to hurry up and make it.

Pocket, thank you for reading and responding to my posts. However, since you evidently find my posts to be pointless, wouldn't that make your reading and responding pointless as well?

We've established that you don't like hip hop and that Duck hears something in it that you don't. Great! Two differing opinions that you're both entitled to. But outside of that, the rest is god's own private mystery.

I cannot see that any such things as you suggest have been established, and as to God's domain, I think that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreampt of in your philosophy.

As much fun as it's been sitting here scratching my head wondering what the hell all the heat is about.....I still have no answers. Are you talking in riddles and being deliberately cryptic because you feel it's clever? Or do you just really not know how to back yourself out of this and still save face, so are just buying time until you think of something?

Glad you're having fun, pocket. I don't know what all of the heat is about either. I do not consider myself to be clever, and I do not feel any need to "save face".

FWIW, this is not me "detracting" either....this is me humbly asking you to hurry up and make your point......whatever it may be.

I am not a point-maker. I am an obsaerver of human behavior.

1318831558503.jpg

However, since you evidently find my posts to be pointless, wouldn't that make your reading and responding pointless as well?

If a thread interests me, I read every post.....even the pointless ones. I just thought that after going round and round the same old mountain umpteen times it was high time you got off the fence and stated your position. Perhaps put some of these jumbled thoughts into a concise argument as opposed to spouting more rhetoric and confusion? I guess the game continues though, hey?

I cannot see that any such things as you suggest have been established, and as to God's domain, I think that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreampt of in your philosophy.

At this stage of the day I can't see the moon either.....but I need no convincing of its existence.

Although it is fair to say that god's domain gets very little consideration in my philosphies. That I can't see. Maybe if it were in print on a drum forum I'd have a better chance?

Glad you're having fun, pocket. I don't know what all of the heat is about either. I do not consider myself to be clever, and I do not feel any need to "save face".

I'm always having fun mate. I'm really a pretty jovial person at heart. But none of this explains why no-one knows what the hell you are talking about. I can't guess, so help me understand.

I am not a point-maker.

You don't say.

I am an obsaerver of human behavior.

Then you'll have observed that the majority of humans here can make a point that's not shrouded in mystery and confusion.

Nothin like a rockin Polka I think that Miron Florin guy can rip it up, whatcha think? Doc

I think if Florin called Weird Al they could make a hell of a Hip Hop groove using acordians, its revolutionary for sure and Al can rap hes proved that. Florin is a soloists on the box thing like no other he is truely a great player. I'd do the drummin and I think I could get Tim Bogart (Vanilla Fudge) to do the bass parts. WOW now thats a concept and the probabilities are endless.
Does anyone remember what this thread was about???? No, I don't either. Doc

I do not consider myself to be clever...
I don't consider you clever either and will be very surprised if you make it to 100 posts before meeting the Ban Hammer. Anyone want to take bets on that?
I am not a point-maker. I am an obsaerver of human behavior.
Actually, I had you pegged as a computer virus programmed to harass drum forum members, but your misspelled word... Oh, that IS clever programming!

OK get this its set up everyones on board! We want this to be "deep" and totally unheard of in the history of pop crap also known as music. We will be recording in a submarine so that we can get as "deep" as possible. Al can't swim and I'm clastrophobic so the sub will actually be out of water while its painted. We'll be in New London at the Sub base and Museum and will be selling tickets to play percussion toys live on the cd, thats exciting, ya think?? Yeah I do too. Now we need material and everyone is working on it now. Doc

You tell me I am misinterpreting but I don't see how to read it any other possible way

The way to read without misinterpretation is to read without interpretation, since to misinterpret, it is first necessary to interpret. To put it another way, if you do not infer to begin with, you cannot make a false inference.

and what exactly it is that you are correcting.

I am correcting your false inference that I consider rap to have no melody. I have not committed one way or another on that issue.

What was the relevance to hip hop of the post saying that you prefer music with melody in response to a guy mentioning hip hop.

The original poster mentioned that he liked hip-hop, and wanted to know what kind of music we all liked. So I acknowledged his preference, and gave mine. This was completely straightforward, and requires no special insight to understand.

As if I have misinterpreted, it does not contain the implication that hip hop has none - so what are you intending to communicate?

I intend to communicate that I have a preference for melodic music.

So you must like hip hop then? A lot of hip hop/rap has melody...........

Nah, this has to be one of the most ridiculous discussions I've ever seen on this board. Imagine if you were all in a room together arguing like this. Hilarious.

Back