Clive Deamer

paistemage

So IF you heard Portishead you heard Clive Deamer. If you SAW Roni Size(drum and Bass) live you saw Clive Deamer.

He doesn't do ANYTHING technically astounding but his timing is impeccable.

He has GREAT gretsch tone, and I believe he uses Paiste most of the time.

The newest Portishead, "THird" has a lot of his work, I do believe he did play int he studio.

Timing, taste, and musicality.

For YEARS he has been an influence. I do believe he ALSO played with Robert Plant, the former singer of Zeppelin.

Any of you UK drummers love him too?

Talk about underrated.

I'm disappointed that no other UK guys or even American's have added to this thread!

I'm a huge Clive Deamer fan and am lucky enough to know him too, I'm from his home town of Bristol. I'm also lucky enough to have been out on the road in close proximity to Portishead and have seen their amazing show many times.

On top of his great playing he's an incredibly nice bloke! He got my band guest list to a Radiohead show while we we're in New York to see their new double drummer antics in which he is partaking and it was incredible.

If you haven't checked out his work with Robert Plant either I recommend you listen to the album 'Mighty Rearranger'.

If I recall correctly, Radiohead delayed touring until Clive had completed his work with Portishead, so highly do they rate him.

Back