different fit between head models

Liaztraht

Silver Member
I'm not sure if its just their construction, but I had an emad on my kick, after finger tightening the tension rods, it would take a quarter to half turn to reach jaw tuning. The other day I slapped an eq4 on, same tuning would take about one and a half turns.

Anyone know if its just construction, or material? Just normal variance in each model?

I also swapped an HD dry that fit fine to a g1 that I had to fight with to fit the rim around. Could that just be because my snare has die-cast rims?

No complaints, things are sounding phenomenal.

Did both of these heads have the Level 360 collar design (denoted by the Level 360 logo)? The new collar design will provide a wider tuning range. I've seen one instance where a diecast hoop had a snug fit with a Level 360 snare head, though it was clear that the hoop was a little out of round.

They are level 360, as were the previous heads. I had checked heads from my other snare with it and they fit fine.
These tuned up nice and easy. Each lug pitch matched in no time.
When I said I fought with it, I meant just a bit of a push to basically snap it in place.

I was thinking it was just a slight difference in construction, because off the drums the eq4 felt "floppy" and soft compared to the emad, but sounded better on the drum. Just took more turns of the key to get there.

I was thinking it was just a slight difference in construction, because off the drums the eq4 felt "floppy" and soft compared to the emad, but sounded better on the drum. Just took more turns of the key to get there.

Some of that comes from the addition of the EMAD system on the surface of the drumhead. It creates a degree of surface tension. Sounds like everything worked out, yes?

Everything worked out fine, I was just curious is all.

Back