Pearl Firecracker Snare

drummerdude9610

Hey, I am think of getting a good side snare for my kit. Have any of you ever played the Firecracker? Do you recommend the 10 or 12 inch? Wood or steel? And last question how would I mount it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've played it a bit. It sounds pretty cool for a drum in that price range. I've played the 10", which is what I would buy since its kind of a gimmick side snare anyway, might as well go all out. I'd get the 10" and crank it pretty tight.

I've got a 10" Yamaha side snare. I attached via the hi hat stand with a yamaha tom arm. Works good.

I think i may just go with this one or the PDP Blackout 10x6. The PDP one does have a mount on it and it sounds really good from what i've seen.

You could buy one of those Pearl ISS mounting systems (the ones Pearl use for their toms) and a pearl protrusion arm. Then just hang the snare from a stand or from your hi-hat stand (if it can take the extra weight).

The PDP is nice, though. I have the 10" 805 series and it sounds great.

I've got a 10" Yamaha side snare. I attached via the hi hat stand with a yamaha tom arm. Works good.

+1

A 10" snare is way too small to justify its own stand IMO.
Plus I dont think the average snare stand will hold one.

Just find one with a tom mount on the side. Most 10" snares have them.
I know the Sonor 3007s do.
They will mount right to your HH stand with a tom arm clamp and most HH stands can more than handle the extra load.
10" snares are tiny and thats the size I'd go for too. But I play a 13" main snare. :)

Back