How many sets do you own?

Having a set sitting bagged up and not in use seems like a waste.

Nonsense. You are preparing for when you are gigging steadily. If you keep them there, gigs will come. I'm assuming you want to be out gigging.

Keep that mental image well fed and it will morph into reality.

Nonsense. You are preparing for when you are gigging steadily. If you keep them there, gigs will come. I'm assuming you want to be out gigging.

Keep that mental image well fed and it will morph into reality.

I agree - I always have at least one my kits bagged along with it's applicable hardware ready to go for any last minute gig or rehearsal .

I have six kits.

Remo Acousticon: (10,12,14,16,22)
PDP LX maple: (same sizes)
DW collectors: (same sizes)
Yamaha birch customs: (same sizes)
Grestch Catalina club: (12,14,20)
Yahama DTX e-kit.

Snare drums:

Ludwig 5x14 and 6 1/2 x 14 Supras,
Ludwig 6 1/2x14 maple,
DW 5x14 collectors,
PDP 5x14 maple,
PDP 5x10 maple,
Pork Pie 6 1/2x14 BOB (My main snare I use the most.)
Yamaha 5x14 birch custom
Mapex 5x12 steel.
Grestch Catalina 5x14

The Yamahas are in the garage packed up for gigging. The e-kit and the Remos are in my practice room. The PDP and Grestch kits are at rehearsal spaces for two different bands. I use the Grestch kit when I gig with that band. I leave my DW kit set up at church. I play there two days a week, so it actually gets the most use most of the time. The Yamahas have been used a lot lately, but the summer gigging season is dying down.

DW Performance: 8/10/12/14 toms, 22 bass, and 14-and-a-half steel DW snare.

Roland TD-30 for practice. (I treated myself to this just a few months ago, having used used a Roland TD 9 for four/five years).

Unless I win the Lottery, or get snapped up by a major artist (!) these kits are as good as I'll get as a bar band player.

The DW is the seventh acoustic kit I've had since I started playing many years ago.

I'd still love a small jazz kit, like a top of the range Gretsch, for example. Who knows? Maybe one day.

This is the thread I always try to steer away from, because it's embarrassng.

I have been playing since 1988 and got my first set in 1989. Vintage players Leedy and Ludwigs. I still have most of the kit.

I recently bought my 2nd kit ever, some inexpensive used Pearl Exports, just to say I own two kits. :D

14x5 Acro, 14x5 72' Supra, 14x6.5 drumcraft maple

I own 4. Partly for convenience, partly for sentimental reasons:

1) Premier XPK (my first proper kit I bought in 1997, still got the receipt - picked it up from Wigston factory). Stays packed away in the garage for now.

2) Sonor S-Class Pro. Very light kit, sounds great, easy to take to gigs. Until yesterday this was the kit that stayed set up at my rehearsal room, now packed away for gigs.

3) Premier Signia (as of yesterday!). Always wanted one since I bought the XPKs (couldn't afford the Signia at the time). Sounds great, looks gorgeous. Since its a bit heavier and the the BD is 22", this is now my rehearsal room kit.

4) Yamaha DTX 750. The only "kit" I can play at home.

The XPK is superfluous I guess but I don't think I'll ever sell it.

Back