Need help identifying drum lugs!

pap22

Hi all,

I purchased a Ludwig Rockers (so I've been told anyway...) drum kit several years ago, and the previous owner had removed the wraps...so they've been bare wood since then. Recently I decided to prepare the shells for staining to bring out the grain...also, the residual glue from the glue strips looked terrible. Anyway, in the process of removing all the lugs, I noticed that several were cracked where the screws thread into them, needing replacement (see pic).

I have no idea how to find these lugs, as there is no manufacturer name or code of any kind, anyplace...I've scanned many pages of old drum lugs on the internet and haven't seen one photo that matched these...do they look familiar to anyone? Best I can tell they are not Ludwig lugs...

I'm trying to avoid the cost of replacing all lugs on all drums so that they match...pretty costly! ...And honestly these drums aren't valuable enough to warrant such an investment.

Thank you in advance!

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_5579.JPG
    IMG_5579.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_5580.JPG
    IMG_5580.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_5581.JPG
    IMG_5581.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 454
They look like a lot like the lugs that were used on ludwig standards, Ludwig rockers,check this scan and site http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/ludwig_rockers.html It sounds to me like your drums after losing the wrap also lost the Badges? Would like to see pics of the shells that would make it easier for the folks trying to help.I have seen and took the wrap off of a couple rockers and S/L ludwigs and the face ply has not been real pretty for a clear stain IMO.But you never know with ludwig what you are going to find.If they are Rocker lugs you should be able to find some used ones fairly cheap.

there's 6 for you.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ludwig-Rocker-Tom-Lugs-2-NR-/290453446464?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

or look for a beat up donor drum, there's a bunch more of those on ebay for under $60......

Thank u! But...if u look closely, the ones u sent me from ebay a just a LITTLE bit off...the holes on mine are at the very end of the lug...there's a "T" shaped support piece of some kind just under the top hole on mine...and on the ebay one the top hole is not at the extreme end of the lug...so I'm wondering if there were short and regular lugs that Ludwig made, and the year of the drum dictates which was used? strange...because the one u sent me is the exact shape, except for the hole configuration...i'm replying to the eamesuser's response now too, with a pic of the shell if that helps at all...tx again!

They look like a lot like the lugs that were used on ludwig standards, Ludwig rockers,check this scan and site http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/ludwig_rockers.html It sounds to me like your drums after losing the wrap also lost the Badges? Would like to see pics of the shells that would make it easier for the folks trying to help.I have seen and took the wrap off of a couple rockers and S/L ludwigs and the face ply has not been real pretty for a clear stain IMO.But you never know with ludwig what you are going to find.If they are Rocker lugs you should be able to find some used ones fairly cheap.

Thank u so much...pls refer to my response to azrae1l too, from the looks of the catalog u sent me the shape definitely looks like rockers...unfortunately i'm only able to zoom in 1x...so its a bit blurry...anyway, yes the badges were nowhere to be found...but heres a few pics of the bass drum shell ready for stain...i think i got lucky, the wood is in quite nice shape...i sanded 3x with a palm powersander...100, then 150, then 220 grit...looks pretty smooth now...

Attachments

• IMG_5582.JPG
    IMG_5582.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_5583.JPG
    IMG_5583.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 404
Back