ludwig rockers???

cooldrummer95

i was browsing through my local music store the other day and came across this set of good ole ludwig rockers. they were in a natural finish, weren't set up but you could see the finish very well, they didn't appear to have any major cosmetic damage much less structural damage, it was a five piece i believe, they had the stock heads on them (beaten to hell and back but the stock heads none the less), all of the mounting brackets were in good condition (nasty), the rims and lugs were all just about perfect (nasty again), they were $400. is that a good price?

there was also a piece of crap ludwig hi hat stand with an old pair of paiste 200 14" hats with a maybe 1" crack coming from the edge on the top hat and a straight stand that was equally crap with some other lower line paiste that was equally as old.

so it wasn't a shell pack but the shells were the only thing worth having in my opinion.

what would be a good price for a set of these?

I have a good ole beater kit of rockers,they sound good with a little judicious tuning,and have held up to a lot of abuse.In this economy I would think 300.00 to 350.00 is reasonable for 5 american made drums.

Back