The Bonham set thread

And don't forget the bass mounted ride. I could've just used one of my cymbal stands, but I wanted that cymbal holder!

Isn't the bass mounted ride awesome! It's so much more comfortable for me. For years I used a boom stand to try to bring the ride where I wanted it and it was a pain. I like this set up much better, plus one less stand to haul around!

Did you dampen the batter side at all? What heads do you have on it? And, last but not least, what kind of tension do you have on the heads?

Hey could you post pics of your kit again? The photobucket link doesn't seem to work anymore and i'm dying to see your set.

...if Mini Me was to play the drums, these could be his Bonham kit.

20, 12, 14, Ludwigs with a 16" DW .

Barry

This is my Bonham inspired kit......It's a Premier but in the UK Ludwig Bonham kits are about £2500.
26 x 16 , 13 x 8 , 16 x 16 , 18 x 16.
zzzmykit.jpg

Its actually for sale at the moment because I just got endorsed by FVF custom drums and they're making me a hybrid kit, all the same sizes though, except i'm going for a 26 x 20 kick!

Our guitar player's been bugging me to do this. Pictures of the original setup are on our web site. 18x22, 5.5x14, 12x7, 14x12, 16x14. Tama Superstar EFX Hyper Drives.

Attachments

• HPIM0488 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0488 (Medium).JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 3,965
  • HPIM0493 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0493 (Medium).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 3,902
  • HPIM0489 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0489 (Medium).JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 3,910
  • HPIM0490 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0490 (Medium).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 3,848
  • HPIM0491 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0491 (Medium).JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,808
  • HPIM0492 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0492 (Medium).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 3,828
Our guitar player's been bugging me to do this. Pictures of the original setup are on our web site. 18x22, 5.5x14, 12x7, 14x12, 16x14. Tama Superstar EFX Hyper Drives.

haha. take care of that kiss tiger stadium poster.

Im sorry, Im not being rude but:
Don't Bonham setups consist of:

26" Bass Drum
14" Tom
16" Floor Tom
18" Floor Tom

Maybe I'm wrong lol!

Im looking to purchase a bonham kit.

id like the one from the 'Moby Dick Era'

what was it?

what do i search on the ludwig website for it cos all my searches thus far have brought up zip!!!

Here is the newest addition to the Bonham thread.

My Classic Maple Green Sparkle!

Attachments

• LudwigMapleBonham 006.jpg
    LudwigMapleBonham 006.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 3,836
  • LudwigMapleBonham 002.jpg
    LudwigMapleBonham 002.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 3,559
  • LudwigMapleBonham 001.jpg
    LudwigMapleBonham 001.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 3,804
SAAAWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's a 14x10 tom right..
The more I see the 14x10s, the more I want one. I wonder why Ludwig doesn't include that size right out the box on the standard Zep set.
Newpic.jpg

Newpic1.jpg

Last edited:
I sincerely hate this kind of set up.

well then you suck, just kidding. but honestly bro, if you dont like it, dont look at it. not being rude, but seriously. and by the way, it's really bothering me so i just have to say it. bonham sets are either 13x9, 14x10, 14x12, or 15x12, 16x16, 16x18, 26x14, and 14x6.5? i mean great if you have a bonham tom config, but the tama hyperdrive isnt exactly the "BIG" bonham sound. just saying. it's just bothering me. a lot.

but honestly bro, if you dont like it, dont look at it. not being rude, but seriously.

I could careless if anyone else really likes it or not. I remember being young and wanting a huge drum set with loads of cymbals. I grew out of that. Tastes change as you get older, and more tired of lugging all of that stuff around. I get more enjoyment from this set, than any of the many I've owned over the years. This set was my dream set, less the paiste symphonic that I'll never own. If I ever buy another set, you can be sure it will only be a shell pack, and an amber vistalite at that. They look good, sound good, and will be worth more later down the road than an import. Bonham was a talented drummer, if owning this set inspires me to become a better drummer, it's worth every penny.

Here is the newest addition to the Bonham thread.

My Classic Maple Green Sparkle!

They look good! I'm glad you finally got them. I have to say that green sparkle is just an awesome finish. Enjoy them!

Back