Burning Remo question...

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
The little logo at the bottom..Has anyone ever wondered what it's supposed to represent? Yea well I have and it's driving me insane. Please release me from this misery! It was hard to find a legible pic of it, it's better viewed on your own Remo head.

Attachments

• remologo.jpg
    remologo.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 227
Why are we burning Remos again?

Oh, ok, I get it :)

Best guess Larry, it's a simple crown shape, ya know, king of heads & all that kinda stuff. Either that, or it could be a shadowgraph of the bearing edges they're usually fitted to :)

REMO's first head was made from x-ray film.

The crown logo has reference to 'WEATHER KING' as the mylar heads were touted as being impervious to weather change, unlike calfskin heads of the time which were easily affected by humidity changes.

The circle logo could be a masonic reference to some new world order cult, which is soon to cull a large portion of the worlds population. By having this symbol on his heads, REMO saves the company from extermination ensuring its place as the drumhead supplier to the new age of musicians who are limited to making $100 a gig, with all earned income being recorded on a micro chip implanted under the skin to be used by the end of the months earning time or forfeited, thus insuring corporate wealth/vitality.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    184 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 202
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 208
The circle logo could be a masonic reference to some new world order cult, which is soon to cull a large portion of the worlds population. By having this symbol on his heads, REMO saves the company from extermination ensuring its place as the drumhead supplier to the new age of musicians who are limited to making $100 a gig, with all earned income being recorded on a micro chip implanted under the skin to be used by the end of the months earning time or forfeited, thus insuring corporate wealth/vitality.

THIS is why I made this thread. Thanks LIM

Some years ago Remo re-vamped their process to make heads more consistent from head to head, and that little logo was added to differentiate the newer heads from the older heads.

I'd heard that the 'compass' has something to do with the grain of the Mylar - yep, Mylar is directional - and that the logo indicates it's an omni-directional instead of uni-directional grain.

So they say.

Bermuda

I thought maybe it was just a reminder to always tension across the head rather than going in a circle. Some people actually still do that, you know ;)

Gold, Jerry! Gold! I used to be friends with a guy that would talk like this 24/7. Brings back memories!

The circle logo could be a masonic reference to some new world order cult, which is soon to cull a large portion of the worlds population. By having this symbol on his heads, REMO saves the company from extermination ensuring its place as the drum head supplier to the new age of musicians who are limited to making $100 a gig, with all earned income being recorded on a micro chip implanted under the skin to be used by the end of the months earning time or forfeited, thus insuring corporate wealth/vitality.

I thought it was to protect the possessors during the Apocalypse.

Back