Finally got a vid up on youtube!!!!!!

robertondrums

Hey guys and girls,
I've been meaning to get a video up of myself playing for ages and I have finally done it. Sadly it's two years old so it's back in the day when I was 18. Shortly after filming it my camera broke and I have never replaced it. Damb!! Haha. Check it out and could you let me know what you think please.

Since this video I bought a double pedal and have been encorporating multi-pedal orchestration into my solo's. So I intend on getting a new camera and filming that soon!

These solo's were completely improvised too. There not really my best but see what you think.

Hope you enjoy it! And thanks for your support.

Robertondrums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvdcOiFJW5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axa_nZteuPk

Pol's right Robert, wrong place. But I have watched the vids. Wow, great chops, & some nice ideas coming through there. A little unstructured & rough around the edges in parts. I'd love to hear a more groove based approach. You started to do that around 2:29 in the second video. Really nice.

Great skills & lovely doubles on the kick routine at 3:48. (2nd video). With such great kick skills, I'm kinda wondering, why the move to double kick pedal?

Wrong place to post this, Robert!!!!! :)

This belongs in the Your Place-->Your Playing area. Will check the vids once it's moved.

Sorry Man, totally wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. Hahaha. Thanks for pointing that out for me tho! I've managed to move it now!

Thanks
Robertondrums

Pol's right Robert, wrong place. But I have watched the vids. Wow, great chops, & some nice ideas coming through there. A little unstructured & rough around the edges in parts. I'd love to hear a more groove based approach. You started to do that around 2:29 in the second video. Really nice.

Great skills & lovely doubles on the kick routine at 3:48. (2nd video). With such great kick skills, I'm kinda wondering, why the move to double kick pedal?

Ye just moved it to the other page. Sorry about that! Thanks for checking out my vids tho. Glad you like them.

Like I say they were when I was 18 so there a little out of date and I would like to say that I have improved dramatically since then. But thanks for the complements!! Really appreciate that!! Now when I moved to double pedal I told myself never to play anything that I can do with one foot! And thats exactly what I have done! If I can do it with one then why do it with two? Its stupid. So I only use it for things that are impossible to do with one. Like 16th's at 220-250bpm. I believe whatever you can do with your hands you can do with your feet.

Thanks for the comment bro. If you have any vids of yourself let me know.

Robertondrums

Thank you so much for pointing that out Pol!

Haha - sorry, no excuse. I'm just evil and can't help myself. You have to admit that they have similarities with each other that aren't apparent in the other band members.

If it's any consolation, I'm probably older than both of them ... and you come across as a handsome, dashing young man in the vid!

Friends again? :)

and you come across as a handsome, dashing young man in the vid!

Friends again? :)
Now you're trying too hard. The only thing that's dashing about me is I'm constantly running around. As for young, hmmmm.

We seem to have hijacked poor Robert's thread, but that's ok, he's moved it to the proper place.

Guys, go see Robert's playing thread in "My Playing". Chops chops chops chops (there, that usually does the trick!)

Now you're trying too hard. The only thing that's dashing about me is I'm constantly running around. As for young, hmmmm.

We seem to have hijacked poor Robert's thread, but that's ok, he's moved it to the proper place.

Guys, go see Robert's playing thread in "My Playing". Chops chops chops chops (there, that usually does the trick!)
Hahahaha, It's cool guys feel free to use my thread to sort your little arguments out. It was my stupid fault for putting it in the wrong place!!! hahaha. But yes I agree 'Guys, go see Robert's playing thread in "My Playing". Chops chops chops chops' Hahaha Nice one guys!!

Back