WW2 bomber style drum set.

I love this idea!

I wanted something similar myself. More of a slightly chipped paintwork, old nuclear warhead kind of vibe.

If you get one made post pics!

I lile the silver but the olive green would be better.

Got to remember just how mediocre the high altitude performance of the P-40 was.
True that. It's best performance was its dive. It could out dive the Zero. But also remember, the Flying Tigers with their Shark Mouth P-40's started fighting the Japanese before the attack on Pearl Harbor (Dec., 41). They were called the American Volunteer Group, flew out of China, and basically held the Japanese at bay. It was the best plane they had, at the time. The Wildcat didn't show up until 1941 .... and Hellcat didn't show up until 1942. Mustang also showed up, in 1942, but saw limited service in the Pacific. Hellcat claimed the most kills of any allied fighter (5,271) with Mustang second (4,950).​
That doesn't stop my favourite WW2 aircraft from being the Hawker Tempest.
Typhoon and Tempest were both very cool machines. I'd have to say my fav. is the SBD Dauntless. Not much glamour being a dive bomber pilot (like fighters), but they sunk 4 Japanese carriers at the Battle of Midway.​

Last edited:
True that. It's best performance was its dive. It could out dive the Zero. But also remember, the Flying Tigers with their Shark Mouth P-40's started fighting the Japanese before the attack on Pearl Harbor (Dec., 41). They were called the American Volunteer Group, flew out of China, and basically held the Japanese at bay. It was the best plane they had, at the time. The Wildcat didn't show up until 1941 .... and Hellcat didn't show up until 1942. Mustang also showed up, in 1942, but saw limited service in the Pacific. Hellcat claimed the most kills of any allied fighter (5,271) with Mustang second (4,950).​
Typhoon and Tempest were both very cool machines. I'd have to say my fav. is the SBD Dauntless. Not much glamour being a dive bomber pilot (like fighters), but they sunk 4 Japanese carriers at the Battle of Midway.​

And a couple of cruisers....

Ten minutes of magic that set up US domination in the Pacific.

Still, the only thing probably less 'glamorous' than being the pilot of a dive bomber would have been to be the rear gunner....

I would NOT have wanted to be a rear gunner in a Stuka, Dauntless, VIndicator or Petlyakov (or whatever the Japanese used.....can't remember...Kate ??) as it pulled out of it's dive....

Back