Drummer Doug Altman

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Does anybody know a drummer from the 60's 70's and 80's named Doug Altman? California based guy.

He worked with Jacksone Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Linda Rondstadt, Bobby Sherman, Ricky Nelson and others.

I just bought a set of drums and cymbals from him, unbeknownst to me until after the sale. This was a total impulse buy, the deal was just too good to pass on. He is the real deal too, he has pics he sent me to prove his claims. What a nice man he is. Anybody know this guy?

He sold me his vintage set of cherry, pink champagne "Hollywood" 1966 Luds and 5 Istanbul Masterworks cymbals (2 HH, a ride, a crash, and a crash/ride) for 1799.00.

He is sending me DVDs spanning his career...I feel I got quite lucky with this.

So does anybody know this guy?

Havent heard of him Larry, but Bonnie Raitt had some of the hippest drummers playing with her. Tons of swagger in the groove. Nice little history to your new drums..

Yea, total dumb luck that I fell into this. Meant to be I guess. He didn't use the drums he sold me while playing with all the names I mentioned, he acquired them in 2005 from the original owner. Still, the set has a great story behind them with hard proof from the owner, in the form of DVD's, and a signed drumhead, congratulating me on the set and also listing the biggest names he played with.

He was sooo happy that a guy like me got them and not some flipper. I will keep the drums and cymbals together to preserve them. I am in the process of stripping the hardware and hand polishing every screw, lug, mount, and of course the entire shell. They have darkened only very slightly, maybe 1 shade darker, they are much closer to new looking than the ginger ale look. Waxing really brought out the luster. I have 2 rack toms done and am working on the kick and the floor.

I'll have a fun thread with pics and clips and prizes and pony rides and stuff in 2012.

And thanks Mad About Drums for the find. He did a lot of ghost session work too. He was a busy busy man back in the heyday of the 60's and 70's and 80's.

YES...Knew him around 1979 - 81..He was Rick Nelson's drummer at that time. Lost contact...Lucky for him he left 'Stone Canyon Band" before the plane went down New Years Eve 1985...Cool Guy id the job at hand.."Cheers" Kenny

Thanks Kenny for that. He is legitimate. Pretty cool bonus for an Ebay grab, right?

Definately! Beautiful kit too, btw! Congrats!

Back