Ahem...

Bull

Gold Member
Doesn't someone on this board have new Gurus? Are there pics? Am I missing something?

Apologies for the delay!

I'll see what I can manage with a photo tomorrow. Still working on tuning (not my forte). They are sounding rich and harmonious now in a way that my RT didn't, but I'm still exploring.

We're talking drums, right?

Of course... I was referring to the G as in Grea and as in Guru, where the mind, harmony and emotion becomes one, THE spot were the musician and the instrument are tuned with each other, what else did you have in mind?

If those sound anywhere near as sweet as they look (and I'm sure that they do) you are one lucky girl, Grea!

The flinstone kit!

Looks great :)

Congrats Grea! AFAIK, you're the first lady on DW to own a Guru kit am I right? Nice!

Just one thing though...that stand looks complex for such a classy kit. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks peoples. To answer queries ...

Mary, the bass drum was beautiful out of the box - haven't touched the tuning. The mounted tom took a long time to get right but it now sounds brill. After the epic journey of the mounted tom I haven't had the heart to get the floor tom right yet :)

Dre ... "Flintstone kit" ... suits my vintage :) If you don't live too far away and can get over here you could become the second Australian ever to play a Guru! (Just gave up weed again yesterday so it's BYO :) This offer is extended to any Sydney forum members (you too, Wy!) - or those who are prepared to travel, as long as you don't hammer my baby.

5678 - thankfully the dog doesn't attack the drums like the didgeridoo or the flute. Instead she cowers so I put her outside when I play to save her ears, though sometimes she insists on staying in (she's a sooky dog).

Yes, BB, that stand also holds my a 8" RT tom that for some reason I cannot live without, but I didn't add it for the pic because the kit looks better without it.

Back