Injury advice

pandoor

Hey-
I could really use some advice/feedback on an injury

I took drumming* back up about 4 months ago. Playing mostly heel down. Was unable to access the kit for about a month until recently and started playing daily again. I also increased my running from a couple times a week to daily about the same time.*

I then felt the front of my foot/ankle -(attached diagram to show where!) become stiff and sore and noticed it was swollen. I've stopped everything for a couple weeks but the swelling is still there and though it hurts less -it's still noticeably achy and doesn't show signs of going down. I thought it might be fluid?*

Does anyone have any experience or advice on the nature of the injury -if it's common and the best way to get things on the healing road -that'd be great. I'm desparate to get back to playing and running.*

thanks

Attachments

• Foot.gif
    Foot.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 130
Hey-
I could really use some advice/feedback on an injury

I took drumming* back up about 4 months ago. Playing mostly heel down. Was unable to access the kit for about a month until recently and started playing daily again. I also increased my running from a couple times a week to daily about the same time.*

I then felt the front of my foot/ankle -(attached diagram to show where!) become stiff and sore and noticed it was swollen. I've stopped everything for a couple weeks but the swelling is still there and though it hurts less -it's still noticeably achy and doesn't show signs of going down. I thought it might be fluid?*

Does anyone have any experience or advice on the nature of the injury -if it's common and the best way to get things on the healing road -that'd be great. I'm desparate to get back to playing and running.*

thanks

If you have already rested for couple of weeks and it's still sore and swollen, I'd see a doctor. That's just not normal.

Even though I stayed at a Holiday Express last night, I would suggest a visit to the doctor.
Ice may take down the swelling but you have obviously injured something serious.

thanks guys

I've not been in crippling pain or unable to walk from it-but maybe because of that i haven't given it the proper icepack, rest up DIY treatment/care it needed.

looks like a trip to the dr is on the cards

I'd still be curious if anyone has suffered something similar.

cheers

Get some rest. Get to a doctor. Get a hand drum (e.g. djembe, cajon, conga, etc.)

Good luck and get well soon.

GJS

Back