Axis eKits

0127frey

Well not sure if i should be here,Or on the Electronic Kits,But i just wonder if any one has come up with an answer to a problem with eKits mounted on Axis Pedals,And that is the problem with the contact Hammer (on the eKit Trigger) working it self down on the Main Pedal as you play,There does seem to be a lot of Axis Pedal owners that have fitted eKits who would be greatful for an answer to this problem,I come across one person who managed to gat through to Axis to ask them for an answer,But he said the reply was that they could'nt understand what the problem was,and it should'nt happen,and that was it,As i said earlier there does seem to be quite a few owners of Axis Pedal that have been fitted with eKits that would really like to hear of a solution,So if anyone knows the answer please could you share it with us,Well Axis don't seen to want too,Many thanks

Hey.

I cant really understand what your saying there either

Take a photo for us? and can you be more specific and to the point in your typing?

I have axis pedals and ekits so i should be able to help you.

So after reading that garbled paragraph again the hammer is moving down? that makes 0 sense. is it rotating ? did you not tighten it enough? its a very simple design

The Hammer has to rotate to move, otherwise it would remain static i thought that would be obviouse,as for tightening it,some one on another Forum who had the same problem said that to try to stop the Hammer moving down on its own while playing[Do you understand what that means)on its own,He repeatedly tighted the Allen Screw holding the Hammer in place again and again up to the point of the Screw breaking,I hope i have made it simple enough for you to understand this time.But i have only repeated what i said before,and repeated what i have put on other Forum and nobody on the had a problem understanding what was written.Anyone who has had this problem knows exactly what i am talking about.P.S.Maybe to start with "Beyondbetrayal" could you tell me what the distance you have between your Beater,and the Bass Head?.If you don't know the answer please done waste my time,thank you.

Last edited:
The Hammer has to rotate to move, otherwise it would remain static i thought that would be obviouse,as for tightening it,some one on another Forum who had the same problem said that to try to stop the Hammer moving down on its own while playing[Do you understand what that means)on its own,He repeatedly tighted the Allen Screw holding the Hammer in place again and again up to the point of the Screw breaking,I hope i have made it simple enough for you to understand this time.But i have only repeated what i said before,and repeated what i have put on other Forum and nobody on the had a problem understanding what was written.Anyone who has had this problem knows exactly what i am talking about.P.S.Maybe to start with "Beyondbetrayal" could you tell me what the distance you have between your Beater,and the Bass Head?.If you don't know the answer please done waste my time,thank you.

Seeing that your response was an a$$hole response. NO.. I will not bother helping you at this point.. Good luck. I have more experience at drumming, E-drumming, triggers, setup and would have been able to help you no problem.

What I was explaining the first time is YOU need to learn punctuation, the English language and how to not type a bunch of extra garbage that makes your paragraph so hard to read.

Anyways... I have set up my Axis and Ekits plenty of times with no issue. they work great. ..Between that jibberish I caught that you might have stripped the screw or broke it? Advice??... go buy a pedal with less adjustments and features..

OK... I'll give you some basic advice

If the hammer is moving on its own you didn't tighten enough. its that simple. if its stripped your screwed. You could loctight it or something but every time you move your pedal your going to be screwed.
The hammers are cheap. just go to your local store and get a new hammer without the trigger itsself. I have had a few snap on me over the years of playing and replaced them and even keep a few spares kicking around.

Seeing that your response was an a$$hole response. NO.. I will not bother helping you at this point.. Good luck. I have more experience at drumming, E-drumming, triggers, setup and would have been able to help you no problem.
What I was explaining the first time is YOU need to learn punctuation, the English language and how to not type a bunch of extra garbage that makes your paragraph so hard to read.

Nice try to help. You were nicer than I would have likely been.

Nice try to help. You were nicer than I would have likely been.

Agreed and it's the OP's loss.
Can't think of too many members on here who would know more about Axis triggers than BB. If a junior member was a tad more polite he may have gotten the answer he was looking for...

The OP probably could have Googled it but Google wouldn't understand his typing anyway.

The way I understand it, in the original post, 0127frey was talking about the hammer on the e-trigger moving closer and closer to the detonator (or whatever they call it) assembly with each stroke, thereby resulting in a sub-optimal triggering experience.

Mystery solved, we can close this thread now.

The way I understand it, in the original post, 0127frey was talking about the hammer on the e-trigger moving closer and closer to the detonator (or whatever they call it) assembly with each stroke, thereby resulting in a sub-optimal triggering experience.

Mystery solved, we can close this thread now.

You betcha...

which is why i said this to him

"If the hammer is moving on its own you didn't tighten enough. its that simple. if its stripped your screwed. You could loctight it or something but every time you move your pedal your going to be screwed.
The hammers are cheap. just go to your local store and get a new hammer without the trigger itsself. I have had a few snap on me over the years of playing and replaced them and even keep a few spares kicking around."

You betcha...

which is why i said this to him

"If the hammer is moving on its own you didn't tighten enough. its that simple. if its stripped your screwed. You could loctight it or something but every time you move your pedal your going to be screwed.
The hammers are cheap. just go to your local store and get a new hammer without the trigger itsself. I have had a few snap on me over the years of playing and replaced them and even keep a few spares kicking around."

+1. Nice. Can't understand why that guy was so nasty.

Well Beyondbetrayal,I know what all the things are for on an Axis Pedal and how they work,I only needed to see them to know what they did,I did'nt have to read the manual,I'm a Trained Engineer,What you suggest will not sort the problem, Well its the obvious thing to do,The problem is the Hammer hits the Bar that connects the Auxiliary Spring to the Main Pedal forcing the Hammer down each time it comes back,Its a Design Fault,its something that you can'nt get around with out cutting a piece out.But the only other way would be to set the Beater to move just around 50mm,As for going to the Store to get a replacement Hammer i live in the UK,(thats why i speak English),No Axis Dealers in the UK,I'm not the only one with this problem.

Last edited:
Well Beyondbetrayal,I know what all the things are for on an Axis Pedal and how they work,I only needed to see them to know what they did,I did'nt have to read the manual,I'm a Trained Engineer,What you suggest will not sort the problem, Well its the obvious thing to do,The problem is the Hammer hits the Bar that connects the Auxiliary Spring to the Main Pedal forcing the Hammer down each time it comes back,Its a Design Fault,its something that you can'nt get around with out cutting a piece out.But the only other way would be to set the Beater to move just around 50mm,As for going to the Store to get a replacement Hammer i live in the UK,(thats why i speak English),No Axis Dealers in the UK,I'm not the only one with this problem.

First off.. Your English isn't all that bad... but its your grammar.. when you combine 3 paragraphs into one jumbled sentence its VERY hard to understand. That's all I was saying.

Post a vid dude

I personally have E-kits and they work fine... I also know many other people who have never had an issue. Not saying its your fault but maybe you SHOULD have read the manual. It sounds like something isn't configured right on your pedal. There isn't a design flaw with the E-kits.

Do you have a chance to take a photo or video of the issue and maybe we can help you get rocking out!

Do you use your Pedals on one,or two Bass Drums,are your Beaters set back 170mm like mine ?
.Also which Axis Models are you using,I have the A-L2CB Longboards.
Well about having to look at the Manual,as i said i am an Engineer to me an Axis Pedal is a simple piece of machinery,i could understand how to someone without a similar background would find that incomprehensible,so i would know a design problem when i see it.
Anyway i'll go ahead take a photo some time.

Last edited:
So if your an Engineer, and an Axis pedal is so simple to you, why are you here asking us for help and giving attitude about it?

and just to clarify.

axis AL2's , double pedal on one kick drum. Beaters are close to stock but i have moved them forward and back on occasion.

Thanks for that last Message,It was all i needed to take a real look at the problem.
It was more to do with the distance the Pedal was positioned from the Electronic Pad,and the way i had the the distance of the Sonic Hammers on my Electronic Practice Kit,
It did mean i was angling of the Trigger Hammer to far back to make up for the position of the Sonic Hammers,
It took a couple of minutes to recognise problem and adjust,They are really simple pieces of Machinery.There really is no Mystery about them.
Anyway problem solved,And thank you very much for your help.
Case Closed.
P.S.
Would you happen to know is "Stomp Drive" are still Dealing ?.

Last edited:
Back