DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:46 PM

Default Re: What do you drink live?

Water...and toward the end of the night I might drink a beer. There are two places we play that give bands a $25 per band member drink allowance, which is nice but only me and one other guy drinks and we only drink one beer the whole night. Wonder if they'd swap that allowance out in tacos. Hmmmm.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Woz.275
This message has been deleted by Woz.275.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Woz.275
This message has been deleted by Woz.275.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:32 AM
"Uncle Larry"

My best friend...a skinny guy...just died last year of heart blockages. The homemade iced tea he drank everyday was so sweet it would make your teeth sing. He was 54 and ate sugar to excess. I feel like crap when insulin is released to bring down way high blood sugar. You don't realize how bad you feel until you stop abusing your insulin response and experience a steady level of blood sugar, as opposed to spiking blood sugar, then low blood sugar when insulin floods your bloodstream, which makes you crave more sugar...it a very bad cycle to be in.

You blood sugar needs to stay within certain parameters... between 70 and 120 milligrams per decilitre of blood if memory serves...too high (like 300 after you drink a coke) and insulin is released, too low, and you go into sugar shock...which can be fatal.
I dated a girl for 3 years that was a diabetic, so I got to understand the role refined sugar plays in the diet. It's the villian.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:34 AM
zildjank09
This message has been deleted by zildjank09.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:10 AM

my version of flavored water = beer pitcher filled mostly with club soda and not much ice, with about a glass of cranberry juice mixed in. squeeze lemon in there too if you like. it's bright. and i do just drink right from the pitcher, sometimes with straws to stir, cuz it settles, just like coke. it's thin but it starts to taste good when you're hot, with no sugar hangover...i'm gonna check out endura and e-gel from the last thread pollyanna pointed out.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjank09 View Post
Blimey, all that drink and i would ... spend most of the night ... flying round the room, as that red bull stuff is meant to give you wings isn`t it.
In May this year we had a morning rehearsal to brush up the day before recording a demo. I didn't have time for a wake-up coffee so I bought an energy drink.

It was bizarre, I was speeding everything up heaps ... I'd be aware of it and couldn't stop getting faster and faster, as though my limbs belonged to the Red Bull rather than me. Like a brick roped to my accelerator ...

Never again. Prefer one drink to take the edge off my nerves ... I'm such a whack job that I can play at the same place forever and still get nervous before playing. I could play in front of two kids at a kindergarten and get nervous. Sometimes I enjoy a tiny amount of The Larry Remedy too. God knows, in lieu of a brain transplant, I need something ...
Old 12-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Sometimes I enjoy a tiny amount of The Larry Remedy too.
It's handy to know a good naturopath. :-)

What do I drink at gigs? A few beers and a few waters will see me through.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
My best friend...a skinny guy...just died last year of heart blockages. The homemade iced tea he drank everyday was so sweet it would make your teeth sing. He was 54 and ate sugar to excess. I feel like crap when insulin is released to bring down way high blood sugar. You don't realize how bad you feel until you stop abusing your insulin response and experience a steady level of blood sugar, as opposed to spiking blood sugar, then low blood sugar when insulin floods your bloodstream, which makes you crave more sugar...it a very bad cycle to be in.

You blood sugar needs to stay within certain parameters... between 70 and 120 milligrams per decilitre of blood if memory serves...too high (like 300 after you drink a coke) and insulin is released, too low, and you go into sugar shock...which can be fatal.
I dated a girl for 3 years that was a diabetic, so I got to understand the role refined sugar plays in the diet. It's the villian.
One of my best mates is a type one diabetic, due to him I eat wholegrain bread instead of white.