DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:58 AM

Default Playing cover songs for a beginner

Hello,
I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions, for songs to play with. I was playing Can't stop (RHCP) and When the levee breaks from Led Zeppelin. I really liked both, than i wanted to play Nirvana's Smells like a teen spirit, and the changes in the chorus (bass drum) were somehow a little too fast for me to learn :)

Are there any other songs, that are fun and cool to play along (and not too hard) ? I like diverse songs, i also tried No one knows from Queens of the stone age, which has an awesome drumming, but i think i need more practice before i can handle this monster...

My tastes are more modern or slightly progressive (old) rock, like Muse, RHCP, Led Zeppelin, Tool, also Franz Ferdinand ---but it can be really anything if the druming is tasty.

Thank you!
Old 07-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Playing cover songs for a beginner

Lately i just roam youtube for a couple of hours at night, i have a projector setup and it shoots on a 7' screen in front of my kit so it works nicely for that..

But with youtubes suggestions on the right i rarely ever am without something new to play. Plus i have found alot of new music i would have never heard... Like the Lafayette Afro Rock band.. who i love.. ( i have been mostly playing funk lately)

Or Black cat bones which have 1 amazing album if you like zep you should love them:) and they led me to Leaf Hound and Fresh Blueberry Pancake.. and on and on...