DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:50 PM

Default DW HI-HAT STANDS....

It's my boyfriends birthday soon and I know he is wanting a DW hi hat stand. I know the 9000 series is the best but can somebody please tell me what the difference is and which one is better out of these....

DW 9500TB 2-Legged Hi Hat Stand
Or DW 9000 2 Legged Hi Hat Stand

I have found them both for the same price new and they both have the 9000 pedal so I'm struggling to find a difference. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: DW HI-HAT STANDS....

I bought one of those. I'm pretty sure the TB refers to the two legs and the second seller has omitted it from the product description/code.

They are the same thing.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Silver Member

Just had a quick look at the DW website, the 9500TB appears to be the current model of two leg Hi Hat stand, I wonder if the 9000 is either an older model, or the seller has just generalized on the 9000 series?

Can you show us where they are listed?

{and I should add your boyfriend has an awesome girlfriend, buying DW gear!]
Old 06-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
I'm pretty sure the TB refers to the two legs and the second seller has omitted it from the product description/code.

They are the same thing.
That's my understanding.

9000 is the series and the 9500 is the model number of that series to denote the hat stand. A remote hat is model number 9502 and a cymbal stand is a 9700 etc etc. http://www.dwdrums.com/hardware/9000/hardware.asp

Clear as mud?
Old 06-22-2012, 06:04 PM

They are the same thing.

9000 is the series of the best DW hi hats. They fall under the 95xx model number.

The model numbers for the three 9000 series hi hats are as follows:

9500TB: 2 Legged
9500D: 3 Legged
9502LB: Remote
9550: Remote Universal

Either of the first 2 should be sufficient. They sell for the same price. The 3 legged is a bit more stable but takes up more space. If your boyfriend is playing on carpet, the 2 legged won't move.

FYI, if you want a good deal on a NEW one, you should be able to call Musicians Friend and ask them if you can get a 15% discount. They will almost always do that for orders over $200-300. They also dont charge for shipping or tax. Best deal for a new one. You will have to scour ebay/craigs list for a good used deal.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheMonkey View Post
FYI, if you want a good deal on a NEW one, you should be able to call Musicians Friend and ask them if you can get a 15% discount.
FWIW, unlikely.

From MF: Note that DW products are not available for further discounting online. For additional information, please call 866-226-2918.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...g-hi-hat-stand
Old 06-23-2012, 12:42 AM

To be honest, the 9000 is just too much hardware for the job it's doing IMHO. I've used the same 2 5000 series(2-legged) for over 16 yrs without failure or incident. I feel that the 5000 series is more than anyone realistically needs. BUT, if he's got someone to schlep his gear...lol.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
FWIW, unlikely.

From MF: Note that DW products are not available for further discounting online. For additional information, please call 866-226-2918.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...g-hi-hat-stand
Have you ever tried it? If you call them on the phone, they will discount everything in the store as long as you are buying a decent amount of stuff. I have done it 4 different times with MF this past year alone, all on its "restricted" products (Zildjian, DW, and Ludwig). I have also taken the MF quote into a local Guitar Center and they have matched it, even subtracting the tax as well. Those two companies will deal with you all day long.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieplaysdrums View Post
To be honest, the 9000 is just too much hardware for the job it's doing IMHO. I've used the same 2 5000 series(2-legged) for over 16 yrs without failure or incident. I feel that the 5000 series is more than anyone realistically needs. BUT, if he's got someone to schlep his gear...lol.
I use a DW 5000 hihat stand and it has always worked fine for me. But I have some 9000 series cymbal stands and they are top-of-the-line and indestructible, if overbuilt and heavy.

This poor lady is probably getting more than an earful from all of us. What a thoughtful gift for your boyfriend - not many girlfriends would really pay attention that their guy really wants a new hihat stand, then do this research to get it right.