Trade Speed Cobra for DW 9000?

scarlit

Silver Member
I have an offer to trade my Speed Cobra double for a 9000 double. I havn't been that impressed with the Speed Cobra since I got it, but I played it again yesterday at rehearsal, put the Yamaha felt beater on it, and it felt better. Now I'm having second thoughts on making the trade.

Any thoughts?

have you tried the dw 9002s yrself?? if not dont make the change yet. but IMO i would have dw9000s over iron cobras anytime.but thats just what i think and what i feel.suits the music i play..jazz,blues,funk,acid jazz,gospel,progressive sometimes..plus the dw9000s are very expensive in my country.

but i've always been using yamaha pedals because i feel they're like the dark horse of all pedals.offers a fantastic direct drive,is known to be incredibly durable and smooth.not as much adjustments possible compared to dw9000 or pearl elimns but i feel too much adjustments are bad...the more gears and hinges and screws yu got the more maintenance and risk of things jamming up or breaking possible.

My first thought was DO IT
Because DW9000 makes me think $ and Speed Cobra not at all so a good trade in general.
Think DW are the best pedals out there and that is based on my 3000.
Dont know about the 9000 (coming back to $) but I hear storys of people finding them to smooth and to much of a tech product with a ton of features that all take away from it just being a solid pedal.

My new rule for buying double pedals is now "Buy the pedal that lets me do the best double bass with the out of box setting"

If you can already play a little easier/better out of the box, then you should be able to tweak it and get even better after that. Maybe try the 9000s for a few days and swap with the owner to see if its worth it for you?

I am not a double bass player, so please take this into account. I have owned a lot of different pedals, and I recently purchased a DW 9000 after comparing it in the store with a Tama Speed Cobra. I found the DW 9000 to be more solid, better built and smoother than the Speed Cobra. I realize the DW 9000 cost more than the Speed Cobra, but I honestly think the DW is worth the extra cash.

I had been using an Axis X Longboard and an Axis A Longboard previously and I found the DW 9000 to have the best of both worlds speed and power, with power being something the Axis is lacking in.

I ended up trading for the 9000, then traded the 9000 for an IC +150. The IC is now sitting in its case and is for sale. I am back to using my good old Flying Dragons.

Back