my drums

drumguyfromWI

my drums check 'em out

UPDATE: THE LASTEST CONFIGURATION OF MY KIT IS IN POST NUMBER 15!!!

they're not much, but they're something.

Drums: Ludwig (Accent CS Combo in silver finish)
14"x6.5" snare drum
12"x10" rack tom
13"x11" rack tom
16"x16" floor tom
22"x18" bass drum

Cymbals: Sabian/Zildjian
17" AA Fast Crash
14" ZHT Rock Hi-Hats
16" ZHT China (cracked -.- )
20" ZHT Rock Ride

Percussion: LP Black Beauty Cowbell

Heads: Remo/Attack/Ludwig/Aquarian

Hardware: Ludwig/Pearl/PDP/Gibraltar

Sticks: Pro-Mark 5A Nylon Tip

notes: for muffling I have Aquarian Studio Rings on the toms and snare; and the bass drum has a towel in it, a Remo PowerSonic on the batter, and an Attack No Overtone on the resonant, with an Aquarian Port-Hole installed.

front view 1
PICT1255.jpg

front view 1
PICT1259.jpg

back view 1
PICT1256.jpg

back view 2
PICT1257.jpg

my LP cowbell (MOAR COWBELL!!!) and Pearl pedal.
PICT1258.jpg

EDIT: new drums coming soon!

Last edited:
nothing wrong with that kit at all, looks good!
i'm thinking 'black suede' heads to contrast the silver would turn that kit into a real looker!
good drumming!

nice drums you got there!

I lile the finish :p

By the way Ainulindale Whats the meaning of your avatar?

By the way Ainulindale Whats the meaning of your avatar?

hijacking this poor guys thread, shame on you ; )
i'm a Tao Te Ching / chinese horoscope guy, the symbol is one of the many that means 'Dragon' - the year i was born, i have a similar tatoo over my heart...

hey, gimme my thread back! lol

UPDATE: I am getting new drums within the next few days!

a Gretsch Catalina Club Mod 4-piece shell pack. I'll take pics when I get them and set them up.

They're here!!! My new drums!!! They sound great!!!

PICT1260.jpg

PICT1261.jpg

Drums: Gretsch (Catalina Club Mod in Silver/Black Stripe finish)
14"x6.5" snare drum
12"x9" rack tom
16"x14" floor tom
22"x20" bass drum

Cymbals: Sabian/Zildjian
17" AA Fast Crash
14" ZHT Rock Hi-Hats
16" ZHT Rock Crash (cracked -.- )
20" ZHT Rock Ride

Heads: Evans

Hardware: Ludwig/Pearl/PDP/Gibraltar

Sticks: Pro-Mark Oak 5A Nylon Tip

notes: for muffling I have Aquarian Studio Rings on the toms and snare; and the bass drum has two towels in it, with an Aquarian KickPad on the batter and an Aquarian Port-Hole on the resonant.

so went down to my local music store today... and walked out the door with a lighter wallet and a whole stack of bronze!!!

got me some new Sabian cymbals, a Dixon cymbal stand, and a new Pearl hi-hat clutch. the new cymbals sound AMAZING!!!

for cymbals, I got new hi-hats, a new ride, and another crash. they sound great! and since I bought $150 or more worth of AA, AAX, HH, HHX, APX, Vault and/or Paragon cymbals, I get to take advantage of Sabian's holiday rebate offer, so I will be getting a 15" AAX Xtreme chinese in the mail for FREE in 4 to 6 weeks! score! (you can print out the mail-in rebate at Sabian's website: http://www.sabian.com/holidayrebate/Sabian_AAXHolidayRebateUS.pdf. but hurry, it expires January 31st)

new cymbals:

a pair of 14" AAX Xcelerator hi-hats to replace my 14" Zildjian ZHT Rock hi-hats
PICT1277.jpg

a 20" Vault V-ride to replace my 20" Zildjian ZHT Rock ride
PICT1279.jpg

a 17" AA Medium crash to replace my cracked 16" Zildjian ZHT Rock crash (the white splotches that look like... uh... something gross... are fingerprints. they look white because of the camera flash... it's not what it looks like, I swear! haha)
PICT1280.jpg

and I added a chinese to the kit. so here's my old cracked 16" ZHT China that will soon be replaced by a brand new, FREE 15" AAX Xtreme chinese, sitting on my new Dixon stand.
PICT1281.jpg

and here's the whole kit:
PICT1274.jpg

PICT1282.jpg

Drums: Gretsch Catalina Club Mod in black/silver stripe finish
14"x6.5" snare
12"x9" tom
16"x14" floor tom
22"x20" bass drum

Cymbals: Sabian
14" AAX Xcelerator hi-hats
17" AA Fast crash
20" Vault V-ride
17" AA Medium crash
15" AAX Xtreme chinese (in a couple weeks, right now its a cracked 16" Zildjian ZHT China)

Heads: Evans

Hardware: Ludwig/PDP/Pearl/Dixon/Gibraltar

Sticks: Pro-Mark
Oak 5A Nylon Tip

Notes:
Aquarian Studio Rings on snare and tom batters
Aquarian Kick Pad on bass drum batter
Aquarian Port Hole on bass drum resonant
2 towels in bass drum

P.S. the new cymbals are brand new from the store. but they have fingerprints on them because lots of people touch them with their grubby little hands at my local music store... maybe I should give all my cymbals a good cleaning.

Last edited:
Those are some great looking drums, and I know for a fact (have played on these kits many times) that it will sound great once you clean out that bass drum, and tune up the toms so you don't have to have the rings

great upgrades with the Sabians, looks like you replaced everything you needed to in one fell swoop, your kit just gets better every time you post, keep up the good work man!

...very nice set up wi.

I always had this thing for a nice clean four piece.

Good choice of cymbals too.

Barry

Those are some great looking drums, and I know for a fact (have played on these kits many times) that it will sound great once you clean out that bass drum, and tune up the toms so you don't have to have the rings

thanks!

and yeah, I don't want to have to use extra muffling, but for the sound I'm going for, with these stock heads, I kind of have to. I like my drums to have a quick, punchy sound, with lots of attack and short sustain. I tried tuning them to sound good without the rings and towels, but it just didn't work. the stock Evans G1 heads on the snare and toms have too many overtones without the rings, and the bass drum is so deep that it needs the towels for it to sound focused and punchy at at. without the towels, it sounds ike a huge concert band bass drum, which isn't the sound I'm going for.

when I replace the batter heads I'm getting Remo Powerstroke 3's for the toms and snare, and a Remo Powersonic for the bass drum. since both of those heads have plenty of muffling built in, that should allow me to tune them up good without the rings or towels. but that won't be for a while, because I need to save money for a car, and I just dropped over $700 on drum gear! XD

great upgrades with the Sabians, looks like you replaced everything you needed to in one fell swoop, your kit just gets better every time you post, keep up the good work man!

thanks, man! I appreciate the compliment! I will continue to keep up the good work

...very nice set up wi.

I always had this thing for a nice clean four piece.

Good choice of cymbals too.

Barry

thanks! yeah, 4 pieces just have this sort of "magic" to them, don't they?
and yeah, the cymbals sound even better that I expected. can't wait for my free AAX chinese to arrive!

Back