gretsch renowns!!!

Hey,

I purchased the kit new 1.5 years ago. As with all my gear I try to keep them in excellent condition. The set did come with a matching snare drum in which I decided to keep. You can see a few of my current and pasted kits on my website. www.awdrums.com
You did a nice job with the setup.
take care
aw

Thanks, wow you have some impressive setups! Amazing playing, too.

I just noticed your new sticks. Nice of you to branch off of Vic Firth for some Vater "Luke Skywalker" Signature Models. Very nice.

Attachments

• agretsch.jpg
    agretsch.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 1,227
Yeah, it's a 10, 12, 14 setup all on RIMS mounts. The seller says this finish is hard to find so it might be tough to find a matching 16 but for now I'm very happy with three toms. I also was surprised to not find a virgin bass, but it doesn't really matter to me, and of course on the bright side I don't have to buy any clamps for the rack toms.

incredible looking kit, i have a question- how versatile is it, configuration wise? for instance, how easily can a rack tom be mounted on a cymbal stand? it looks like it's totally do-able, i'd just like to get your take on it, cheers

incredible looking kit, i have a question- how versatile is it, configuration wise? for instance, how easily can a rack tom be mounted on a cymbal stand? it looks like it's totally do-able, i'd just like to get your take on it, cheers

Hey, sorry for the very late response. It's very doable. All you need is to buy a clamp (I already have one that is being used to fly the 14-inch tom off of a cymbal stand). It's pretty easy to maneuver things to your liking, although the 14" tom is a little heavy with the die cast hoops and all so the stand's base has to be spread pretty wide. I probably wouldn't like to mount a tom any bigger than 14 inches, in which case I would proceed to floor tom legs.

Actually now that you mention it-- if you buy a gretsch renown, they now come with virgin bass drums, so the toms are mounted off cymbal stands "standard". I guess mine was made before they made the transition to virgin kicks on the renowns.

Real nice snag... That's a great kit, and if it sounds half as good as it looks then you are one VERY lucky man. ;)

I just noticed your new sticks. Nice of you to branch off of Vic Firth for some Vater "Luke Skywalker" Signature Models. Very nice.

And I've gotta say, me being the huge Star Wars nerd I am, I thought that was f&#$%^g hilarious TPT. :)

Back