DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:00 AM
Silver Member

Default That moment...

When your 8 year-old son finally gets involved in your playing.

The moment he gets youthfully excited and drops a bd beater on the bd hoop of your oh-so sweet favorite drum set.

That sound. Oh that god aweful sound we all know so well...

The sad realization this mark is indented and never coming off.

The effort you put in and try not to make that pissed-off dad face and kinda feel cheap about it, but still not wanting to brush it off completely just to make sure he understands it's only okay this time.

That moment you vent with like-minded people who truly understand your pain.

Ohhh that hurt.

Last edited by Groov-E; 06-14-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:46 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: That moment...

I feel your pain! I had my Sledgehammer snare stored out of a case (case was ordered and due to arrive in two days). I was cleaning things up and a spare stand slipped out of my hand, bounced then aimed right for the snare with the exposed part of the threads! Those marks aren’t going away either.

The first drum related piece of anything I’ve ruined in over 30 years! Case arrived on schedule :/
Old 06-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Silver Member

I'm willing to bet... not now... but in the far future, you'll look at that mark with a fond smile. Your kit now has a little story behind it.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHeat View Post
I feel your pain! I had my Sledgehammer snare stored out of a case (case was ordered and due to arrive in two days). I was cleaning things up and a spare stand slipped out of my hand, bounced then aimed right for the snare with the exposed part of the threads! Those marks arenít going away either.

The first drum related piece of anything Iíve ruined in over 30 years! Case arrived on schedule :/
Very sorry to hear this Az, the timing could not have been worse !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarina View Post
I'm willing to bet... not now... but in the far future, you'll look at that mark with a fond smile. Your kit now has a little story behind it.
I think it is already happening, it is just gear after all, and it probably won't be the last even if that is my recording set. $#%+ happens !
Old 06-14-2018, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member

If my kids got really interested in playing drums, and the price of them doing so was a little scar on one of my Pork Pie USA kits, so be it. Well worth the mark IMO.

Drums are tools. I'd rather them get scratched up from actually being played than them sitting in the cases in mint condition. I'm really happy you have a kid who is getting interesting in playing. :)
Old 06-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Gold Member

Thatís a fact and all a matter of perspective. Life is funny that way. You could drive a beater for years and nothing, and I do mean nothing will ever happen to it. Objects somehow align and launch toward you for months after you finally buy that new car.

Itís kinda that same thing when thereís a bunch of guys standing around minding their own business and a rogue baseball is flying through the air. The thing could land anywhere, but one of those guys has been targeted for nad disruption! Time stands still...everyoneís eye is on the ball, except that one unsuspecting soul. You hear the thud and all guys drop to their knees in pain!

At least some in the crowd will laugh about it someday!