Recording software

TJones

What do you all recommend for recording electronic drums. I have Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, but am still trying to figure it out. I need a program that can record multi-tracks. I want to lay down my drums, then pass this to a guitarist, bass player etc,... until we all have our tracks down. What software do you suggest?

Hmmm.........................I cant believe that nobody responded to this. Im sure alot of you record into your computers and could possibly recommend decent quality software.

I have Cubase 5 Essentials. I mainly got it for composing and mixing. It's pretty easy to use and it can record MIDI or straight audio. If you want all the extra bells and whistles you can spring for the higher end package, but Essentials only cost me $150 and does more than what I need. Before I got it I was just using GarageBand on my little Mac Mini.

Not that Reaper is expensive, but the OP's demands are low, and he'll need a number of licenses, unless they will all share a computer. I'd try Audacity first. It'll probably work, and it's free.

Why not Pro Tools? It's easy to use. Pretty cheap. You can install it on as many different computers as you want and share the ilok key.

Just remember you get what you pay for. as far as pro tools go. The real Pro Tools software will run you about 600 to 1000$. There are a lot of different versions of pro tools but there just small chunks of the real thing. I would go to a music store that deals with pro audio. They can help you out. After you get your software then you need some mics, and then you need an interface for your mics and computer. If you want a good drum sound then you need to make sure your interface has some mic pre's. If you just want to record yourself I would suggest a tascam portable recorder. They have built in condensor mics and sound really good. Digital recording can get pricy

Back