Top Hat and Cane drum wrap

ludwig-75

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any of the restoration companies/parts suppliers that sell the Ludwig & Ludwig Top Hat and Cane wrap? I've picked up several shells from the early 60's that I would like to re wrap in that finish. For the hard core Ludwig fans (me included) I know that the finished was only available for a few years in the late 40's, so the shells I have won't technically match the date of the wrap, but I think it will look pretty cool.

Thanks!
Brandon

Pic of the drum room for some views.

Attachments

• Brandon Pictures.jpg
    Brandon Pictures.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,812
I had an original piece of this covering from a Top Hat and Cane set that someone stripped in the 60's to stain the set natural. I sold that peice to a guy in CA. who put togther a double bass set of them... You can buy the new material from www.Drummaker.com. It is expensive and there are 2 versions a small pattern on WMP or an enlarged version on Vintage WMP (it is a little yellowed). A 24" X 54" sheet is $194.00..

Jack Lawnton in Williamsport, PA

http://www.lawtondrum.com/main.htm

He can probably help you out -- AND apply it for you if you so desire.

Peace,
Mike Noll
Nate Myers & The Aces
www.natemyers.com

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any of the restoration companies/parts suppliers that sell the Ludwig & Ludwig Top Hat and Cane wrap? I've picked up several shells from the early 60's that I would like to re wrap in that finish. For the hard core Ludwig fans (me included) I know that the finished was only available for a few years in the late 40's, so the shells I have won't technically match the date of the wrap, but I think it will look pretty cool.

Thanks!
Brandon

Pic of the drum room for some views.

It is a stunning wrap ...

TopHatDrumKit.jpg

Back