Ultimate Drumset!!

One good thing about getting old, all that dreaming you did as a kid can come to fruition and you can put together your ultimate kit. So for now this kit aggregates all of my drum needs/desires. If I had all the money in the world, I would get another of the same kit to have it in another color too:p

Attachments

• IMG_9981 lr.jpg
    IMG_9981 lr.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 1,314
Your dream drum kit?

What would your dream kit look like? Just think if you had completely free hands to to whatever kit you wanted! My dream set would be a custom Seven drumworks kit.
Toms: 12 x 6, 14 x 7. Floortom: 16x16. Snare: 13x7. Bass: 22x20. All in birch... Just image how that would sound with ec2s batter and g2 reso on the toms...

I think I would like one of these bad boys!

I know Dunnett teamed up with Ludwig to bring these to life. I would really dig having one these to sit behind and dish out some thunderous noise. I am not a big fan of gold anything. But I would make an exception for this beautiful kit. How much do you suppose this kit would go for? 5K? 6K? It might as well be made of unobtainium. lol.

Attachments

• stainless_steel.jpg
    stainless_steel.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 2,105
Last edited:
I think I would like one of these bad boys!

I know Dunnett teamed up with Ludwig to bring these to life. I would really dig having one these to sit behind and dish out some thunderous noise. I am not a big fan of gold anything. But I would make an exception for this beautiful kit. How much do you suppose this kit would go for? 5K? 5K? It might as well be made of unobtainium. lol.
Probably the nicest looking Ludwig kit I've ever seen. I love it!!

BTW, $5K would be cheap for that IMHO.

Edit: Uh oh - Just noticed the hideous lug splay on the tom. WHY?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...I'd get either a

Yamaha Recording Custom in Deep Blue
14x20
8x12
14x14

or

Gretsch USA Custom in Piano Black Gloss
14x18
8x12
14x14

or since this is my ultimate, both!

Well, obviously something of Andy's :)). Stave Purpleheart w/ S-Hoops, likely- not sure of bearing edges. 11x7, 13x8, 15x14, 20x15. With an Ovangkol stave 13x6.5 main snare & Padauk stave 13x5 side.

With HHX Evolutions: 14" hats, 10" splash, 14" china under 16" ozone, 18" crash, 18" china, custom 21" medium ride, 18" HHXplosion, 11" Zildjian FX Oriental Splash, 13" Meinl Byzance Dark hats, 8" Classics bell.

Saying all this makes me surprised at how much of it I've already accomplished at 17. Wow!

Well, that depends on a few different factors. I have the same issue with Bass's. One bass just does not do it for all situations. Recently I let my Geddy sig jazz bass go on a trade for some Renowns. I feel fine about the trade.

I've wanted a good jazz setup for awhile and I have that now with my 57 bop kit. Still I would like to have something more suited for loud classic rock. I'm looking at several options for my next set. If I had to narrow it down to a jack of all trades situation I could live with:

22" BD
12" RT
14", 16" FT
6x14 maple snare

Those are the sizes I would choose, but there are a lot of shells that could fill the bill.

Both Gretsch, and Ludwig would do a good job. I also like Tama, and Pearl. Each have their own personality, but to me, a classic old schoold full sounding kit is where I would ultimately end up going.

Gretsch or Ludwig? It's a coinflip for me on which kit I would choose. Hell, I'll just take one in each.

Cymbals? Since I'm coming back to playing drums from being gone for a few decades, I'm really digging the Sabian AA's.

Hardware to hold it all together?

I bought a Gibralter 4600 series hardware kit for my Bop kit, and like it. It is functional and appears that it will last awhile. For a more aggressive style I would choose a bit differntly, but I'm not of the opinion that I would need all super heavy stuff for everypart of the kit.

I find most medium weight stands are plenty strong for just about anything. Even the light stuff is built very well, and would have been Pro quality in years past.

Beautiful Kits and Drums

Even after being on DW for over 2 years now, I'm only starting to scratch the surface and make opinions of what I consider beautiful kits. I'm aware that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I want to see what all you other great Drummerworld users consider beautiful. Maybe it's the color/finish (or lack of), maybe its the lugs or the rims or whatever! I just want a thread with lots and lots of beautiful kits (or individual drums) to drool at, be inspired, and find new beauty to appreciate!

I'll start it off!

Really love the Ludwig Psychedelic kits. They're classy, cool, and original.

med_gallery_14_5_44808.jpg

Jack DeJohnette knows how the rock the SQ2

JD_SQ2_0011.jpg

And I have much, much love for former DW user Dennis Stauffer's custom drums. Just so much beauty in this page. Wish he was still with us.
http://loveyourdrums.com/gallery/recent-uploads/
http://loveyourdrums.com/gallery/phattie-drums/

Let's see your submissions!

Last edited:
What would be your fav's if someone put a gun to your head and made you pick 3, keep it simple?

Loved all your Autumn photos ones too!

Attachments

• EV_Red_Black_header_1.jpg
    EV_Red_Black_header_1.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 1,979
  • sonor.jpg
    sonor.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 972
  • etusivukuva.jpg
    etusivukuva.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 913
I would just expand the kit that I currently have. Pearl Masters Studio BRX.
I have 10", 14" and 22" kick.
I'd add an 8", 12", 16", 18", and an additional 20" kick.

I have the snares that I'd want and the cymbals I'd want. (Paiste Signature and Twenty series) so I'd just expand the lineup. I like the sound that I have now, so I wouldn't bother with getting some exotic, super expensive kit, when I know that what I have now is my sound.

I would probably add a Pearl Professional Series DLX kit as a backup in the same sizes from above, with optimounts added.

Dennis died in a car crash some time ago. His daughter was badly injured, but survived.

Andy, actually it was his one year old son and he was not injured. I saw Roan and his widow at the Chicago Drum show last year where we raised $20k for them from The Tribute/raffle...

Andy, actually it was his one year old son and he was not injured. I saw Roan and his widow at the Chicago Drum show last year where we raised $20k for them from The Tribute/raffle...
Ah crap :( Sorry, I got mixed up with another tragedy. Of course, you're right. Either way, a terrible thing to happen to an absolute gentleman of the business :(

Back