Drum Triggers

I have a DM5 as well as some Ddrum triggers, the kind that clamp to the rim and have the xlr output.
I don't use them live anymore, seems there was always a problem setting them up when I played different venues. So I play around with them at home sometimes.

It got where all I used was the kick drum trigger and even then it was a hassle setting the gain, sensitivity etc.....to avoid a double trigger. Not to mention packing all that stuff up!

I went back to my 6 channel Tapco mixer and microphones and then down to a mic on the bass drum and a overhead mic.

I like the DM5 but was told the older DM4 had a better sounding country bass drum sound. The DM5 sounded great to me.
So if you can afford it, go for it. If nothing else, the sounds of the different kits and drums themselves are cool to mess around with.....especially through good headphones.

Thanks for that.

Yesterday I was browsing a drum shop and picked up a bargain 2nd hand Roland Td 3. So I am going to use the brain off that with triggers on my acoustic kit for live stuff and maybe add a couple of pads too. The electronic cymbals will be added to my dtxpress III which I use to practice but only have one cymbal.

I'm sure I may end up getting fed up with the extra kit lol but you have to try anyway!!

Thanks again

Just bought a ddrum kick trigger and use a spd-s for sounds. Thought it would be cheaper than a D-112/compressor/gate/31 band. to get that thump. But having a problems double triggering. I need to play with it some more, I hope I can get it to work.

Back