Unappreciated music?

Lukey G

Guys.... there is some seriously under-rated bands coming out of Australia... to name just a couple... Karnivool & Dead Letter Circus. (But there is plenty more).

I class this as a long progressive rock lines and I really like it, if someone don't know these you're in for a treat, it's such atmospheric rock music with great peak and valleys.

Anyway my question is, does anyone know of any other bands with a similar sound to these? I really like this kind of music and in my opinion it deserves a hell of a lot more recognition. (Doesn't have to be Australian btw lol).

Similar -ish bands you may or not like:

Riverside (from Poland)

Katatonia - any of their last 4 albums: Viva Emptiness, The Great Cold Distance, Night Is the New Day, or Dead End Kings

Deal Soul Tribe - currently inactive as their singer/songwriter/everything return to his previous band Psychotic Waltz for a reunion tour. But A Murder of Crows, The January Tree and The Dead Word are all great albums.

Fates Waring - any of their material from 1997 to present.

Orphaned Land - Either of their last two albums. Mix of prog/rock/metal and middle eastern music.

Everygrey - a bit more metal than the rest, but with prog influences and clean vocals (no growly stuff).

You may want to check out The Joy Formidable. They are more pop than any of the other bands mentioned, but the certainly have the peaks and valleys, particularly on their first album. And they are amazing live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar -ish bands you may or not like:

Riverside (from Poland)

Katatonia - any of their last 4 albums: Viva Emptiness, The Great Cold Distance, Night Is the New Day, or Dead End Kings

Deal Soul Tribe - currently inactive as their singer/songwriter/everything return to his previous band Psychotic Waltz for a reunion tour. But A Murder of Crows, The January Tree and The Dead Word are all great albums.

Fates Waring - any of their material from 1997 to present.

Orphaned Land - Either of their last two albums. Mix of prog/rock/metal and middle eastern music.

Everygrey - a bit more metal than the rest, but with prog influences and clean vocals (no growly stuff).

You may want to check out The Joy Formidable. They are more pop than any of the other bands mentioned, but the certainly have the peaks and valleys, particularly on their first album. And they are amazing live.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll try them out. Are you a fan of Karnivool & Dead Letter Circus? I love them personally, Karnivool's latest album isn't one of their best, but after a few listens you appreciate it much more.

Back