EC Resonant heads ???

Nodiggie

Gold Member
It's time to replace my resonant heads. Just want to get some good DW feedback on these heads.....good/bad etc. etc......

Thanks

what batter heads are you using/going to use with them? clear ec2's with the ec reso work very well together

I have installed a set on a Premier Cabria kit under some ec-2 coated. Compared to standard clear resos there is a noticably more focused sound. They are a pretty good way to tame some overtones/ringing.

Kinda dark. Might be what you'd like, might not.

Check out this video, which has sound samples of different reso heads on the same drum.

I probably will try the EC2 Coated over EC. The EC2 clears are great but, just a little bright. I think the coated version should sound great. Thanks brothers....

I probably will try the EC2 Coated over EC. The EC2 clears are great but, just a little bright. I think the coated version should sound great. Thanks brothers....

inb4 "Frosty coating sucks."

I have the EC2 coateds and I'm about to put the EC Resos on soon, once I get them. I already like the sound of them with stock reso heads but I know my only gripes with the sound is because stock reso heads are pretty bad.... this will accentuate that low end I'm looking for.

Back