Do you guys have double pedal problems with the left pedal drifting forward?

Shild

I'm having problems with my left side pedal for the double bass slowly vibrating forward while I'm playing it. I already have the spikes for it turned all the way clockwise. Do any of you guys have this problem too?

Re: Do you guys double pedal problems with the left pedal drifting forward?

throw a velcro strip (the hook side) under the base plate

throw a velcro strip (the hook side) under the base plate

I have this problem BECAUSE of the velcro.

Damn it DW why did you guys ever think that was a good idea.

Make sure that you get he pedal seated properly with the spikes all of the way retracted, and and the hold the the pedal down and screw the spikes in so the dig in really deep into the carpet, rug, whatever.

A decent mat/rug should alleviate the problem.

I have this problem BECAUSE of the velcro.

Damn it DW why did you guys ever think that was a good idea.

Make sure that you get he pedal seated properly with the spikes all of the way retracted, and and the hold the the pedal down and screw the spikes in so the dig in really deep into the carpet, rug, whatever.

I have literally had to tear mine off of every stage ...the velcro is too much

the new DW pedals have the rubber grip instead of the velcro and they creep all over the place

If the spikes/velcro aren't doing their job, one good trick is to use the foot of the nearest stand/boom stand.

I'm having problems with my left side pedal for the double bass slowly vibrating forward while I'm playing it. I already have the spikes for it turned all the way clockwise. Do any of you guys have this problem too?

The Black Widow Drum Web may be a solution .. I have one and they work great! I did a video with them ... see if it might work for you.

http://www.theblackpage.net/articles/pasic-2012-gear-guide

I don't have a carpeted mat, I use a yoga mat for where my pedals/hat/kick rest.

A little duct tape and a couple tiny blocks of wood make great pedal stops.

Attach it to the high hat stand ??
Mine actually has an attachment to do this with and doesn't move a milimetre

I had this exact same problem as you. There are a number of things you can do but the most effective is to either buy a drum mat or get an old sheet of carpet. You stick some velcro to the underside of the pedal and this locks in really well on the carpet. If this doesn't work it will be because the carpet isnt rough enough. Get rougher carpet or some some velcro into the carpet.

I don't have a carpeted mat, I use a yoga mat for where my pedals/hat/kick rest.

A little duct tape and a couple tiny blocks of wood make great pedal stops.

Good. Cheap. Ingenious. Just get matching color duct tape (if you're that picky) and this would work.

What's weird is that the Trick Dominators do not come equiped with spikes. But they got this dang industrial strength velcro that you have to pry off the carpet with a blade. It's been a year and the slave seems to have kept it's spot. I'll keep this in mind though - cool solution.

It would help to know specifically what surface you're playing on. Although I'm assuming it's some kind of plush carpet.

Simplest solution.....put a bass drum in from of it! Haha.

D

That's a good solution!

For a long time I had the foot of the rack just behind the slave pedal, worked perfectly. As mentioned earlier, attaching the slave pedal to the hi-hat works equally well.

Wzup Guys,

I've invented a product that solves bass drum creep and hi-hat/double kick pedal creep at the same time, on any and all floors!

The website for it is: www.kicklock.com

The site is only two weeks old and I've just started to promote it. There are a couple of good demonstration videos on the site. More videos will be added soon, as recent customers complete personal & endorsement videos for the website.

It works flawlessly, installs easy, stays attached during transport, and is very inexpensive!

Right now I'm giving away a very limited quantity of FREE KickLocks for promotion. If you contact me through the email

link on the site I may be able to get one out to you one before the promo is over.

Keep your groove with a KickLock,

Willie :)

Back