Joe Morris and Elliot Gould (strange combination)

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Well I thought I would share this with you guys. Maybe it will cause some discussion and questions on the production end. I just did a bunch of road dates with Esteban then did a movie shoot in Palm Springs with Elliot Gould. Yea, your reading that right. LOL.

Esteban had a part in the movie so we got to play one tune. I had to lip sync my part of course just like a music video. I played a djembe, conga, bongos and castenets. No I don't care if I spelled that wrong im tired. LOL. Anyway Elliot Gould had a speaking part after our tune so he was on stage with us the whole time. Whow!!! What an awesome guy to hang out with for a day. I didn't realize how many freaking takes they do for movies. I had a 5 minute scene and I was there from 7 am until 5 pm. 9 hours. Well lets just say after take 52 Elliot and I were becoming friends. We just shot the bull between takes, had breakfast, lunch. He told me some great stories about back in the day with Frank Sinatra and was really one of the most engaging people I have ever met. Also its really cool how actors are so interested in music and how talented they know we are. I told Elliot that if i had to do 52 takes I would be in the street and out of work. LOL. Any questions feel free, i just thought i would share this with you.

Attachments

• ELLIOT-GOULD.jpg
    ELLIOT-GOULD.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 131
No questions Joe, just a note to say what a cool day you had. Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that take us way out of our comfort zone. Sometimes they're hard work, sometimes, like your day, they turn out to be a wonderful time. Your day is the stuff memories are made of. So nice to chew stuff with someone who comes from a completely different place to you, especially when the social pressure's off. I remember meeting Bowie back in the day. Only a brief lunch with some production guys. We talked about dogs!

It was a very special day for sure. Some of the young cats on here probably don't even know who Elliot is. He was in all the Oceans 11 movies for you young guys. Married to Barbara Streisand for 16 years. He was on the cover of time Magazine . The guy is just very accomplished. The movie by the way is called "The Encore of Tony Duran". I'm also surprised no one has any production questions. Oh well my thread is a dud. lol

Back