What’s an affordable, decent option when it comes to a drum recording interface for filming video?

favabean1982

So, the time has come to start to start recording/filming drum covers. I have several cameras I can use, a large enough basement, a MacBook with iMovie and a decent kit, plus I have a pack of drum mics I purchased a few years back. However, as I just moved into a new home, money’s a bit tight when it comes to whatever else I might need to get an acceptable drum sound when I record my videos. I’m aware I’ll need some sort of an interface so as to run the mics into the computer, and right now I’m using a five-piece kit (kick, snare and three toms, although I could use two toms if need be) with two cymbals (crash and ride) along with hi-hats (obviously). What’s an affordable, decent option when it comes to the interface I’ll need?

PreSonus Audiobox is an USB interface that has XLR Outputs. Depends on which model you get: it could have 2, 4, 6.

PreSonus Audiobox is an USB interface that has XLR Outputs. Depends on which model you get: it could have 2, 4, 6.

I think you mean XLR inputs, and it is 2, 4 or 8. I have the the one with 8. There are many competitors, but the nice thing about the Presonus is that it comes with their Presonus Studio One Artist software, which I like better than the "LE" versions of Cubase or Logic that usually come with an interface. Having said all that, there are countless options, and the good news is, most them are highly competitive and will probably do well for you. Although I like my setup, I know many others are equally as good. Check out some of the home recording forums. Some of them have comparisons and recommendations based on your needs.

Back