The "GC" drum off

Kenny Allyn

The "GC" drum off, started tonight nationwide ...

Anyone here go to your local GC to either watch and or compete?

I went to the local one here in Memphis, get this ... as a judge!

My ego says I was asked because as a bassist I have played with a lot of Memphis
best drummers and have that knowlege plus the fact of now learning drums myself ...
but it was a 50/50 chance they couldn't get anyone else LOL.

In any event it was a lot of fun and I got to hang with and listen to, some cool and mind blowing drummers!

The judge to my right was last years national winner Ramon Sampson ... and the winner tonight was
Clifford "Pee Wee" Jackson making a gutsy appearence using only a kick, snare, hi hats and cymbals ...
he had mind blowing groove and cymbal work, some of you may know Pee Wee from his MyCymbal spots.

It was a cool night and yes I have some iPhone pictures ...

DrumoffB.jpg

The "GC" drum off, started tonight nationwide ...

Anyone here go to your local GC to either watch and or compete?

I went to the local one here in Memphis, get this ... as a judge!

My ego says I was asked because as a bassist I have played with a lot of Memphis
best drummers and have that knowlege plus the fact of now learning drums myself ...
but it was a 50/50 chance they couldn't get anyone else LOL.

In any event it was a lot of fun and I got to hang with and listen to, some cool and mind blowing drummers!

The judge to my right was last years national winner Ramon Sampson ... and the winner tonight was
Clifford "Pee Wee" Jackson making a gutsy appearence using only a kick, snare, hi hats and cymbals ...
he had mind blowing groove and cymbal work, some of you may know Pee Wee from his MyCymbal spots.

It was a cool night and yes I have some iPhone pictures ...

DrumoffB.jpg

he always does the best cymbal demos on MyCymbal haha ! but hes awesome ! and he's usually always laughing about something

Back