NEED HELP WITH SET LIST

Ikebongo

Can someone help me out with a good cover set list rangig mostly 90s music can throw in some newer songs too or switch it up and put a good hip hop or rap song to cover in there too

Im looking for simple —> fun drum parts, slow medium and fast songs to give it a good flow. 10-15 songs. Thanks guys you rule.

Last edited:
I dont have a band yet. I figure it would be a good start. Also i want to get going with these guys and they asked for 10 songs.

Well then you should make a list of songs you can play well and suggest those!

Baby Got Back by Sir Mix A Lot. My band actually had a request for that once.

There are bunch of catchy, enjoyable, fairly easy-to-play hits from the '90s, lots of one/two-hit-wonder kind of stuff. "Good" by Better Than Ezra immediately came to mind. Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Smashmouth, Third Eye Blind and Green Day all had uptempo, well-known songs. There are a bunch more.

Go on Amazon and look for alt-rock CD compilations for a wide assortment of titles.

Bermuda

Some Nirvana songs might fit the bill. Maybe a Lenny Kravitz song.

We just added "Valerie" from Amy Winehouse. Pretty straight forward song. Ran through it twice at rehearsal, played it out the next night, got a good reaction from the audience, now it's in the set list.

Got to agree with the others though. Songs should be decided by the band, not individual players. Unfortunately, the vocalist is going to have a pretty big input, as they have to be able to actually sing it.

Practice, practice and then practice some more and keep a list of songs you know and can play well and provide that to all of your potential band mates for consideration.

Here's a list from a cover band I auditioned with. Lots of stuff from different eras. (sorry about the formatting).

Cumbersome Seven Mary Three
Crazy Little Thing Queen or Stray Cats
No Matter What Badfinger
Interstate Love Song Stone Temple Pilots
Fool For Your Stockings ZZ Top
The Middle Jimmy Eat World
Beer Drinkers ZZ Top
Creep Radiohead
Counting Blue Cars Dishwalla
Wild Nights Van Morrison
TNT AC/DC
All Right Now Free
Good Better Than Ezra
Hashpipe Weezer
Hard to Handle Black Crowes
American Band Grand Funk Railroad
Some Kinda Wonderful Grand Funk Railroad
Sex and Candy Marcy playground
I Melt With you Modern English
Under the Milkyway the Church
Somebody Bryan Adams
The One I Love R.E.M.
Last Dance (M.J.) Tom Petty
Cherry Bomb John Mellencamp
Sharp Dressed Man ZZ Top
Yellow Coldplay
Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton
Miss You Rolling Stones
Dead Flowers Rolling Stones
Is It My Body Alice Cooper
Good One Coming Blackberry Smoke
Saw Her Standing There Beatles

Last edited:
Your set list will depend upon what your vocalists can sing well.

Instrumentation is the easy part, If no one can sing it well, your list becomes moot.

I dont really practice any right now that is why im asking. I need some suggestions.

What do you practice? What kind of music do you like? If you honestly don't know what music you want to play, why do you want to play drums? For the money?
tenor.gif

Back