I recorded my drums without setting them up.

Erberderber

I make music on a DAW at home and combine real audio (vocals and guitar) with digitally programmed sounds. For my latest project I really wanted to record my kit, but I don't have the space to set them up in my tiny apartment (the neighbours would also kill me).

I therefore decided to record a few hits of the kit piece by piece and then piece them together in a sort of puzzle and make a drum track out of them. After painstakingly putting it all together, I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

I'll put the link to the track in the 'your playing' section so you can have a listen. Anyone else tried this before? I'm talking raw recordings. No samples were used.

I suspect that lots of music is assembled with bits and pieces in a similar way. Keyboards are great for this because they have lots of instrument sounds, including percussion sounds.

No samples were used.
Your drum sounds were sampled, but they were your own samples.

I compose in Cubase with Steven Slate Drums using stock sounds. I hope to some day get around to recording my own gear adequately enough to get the same dynamic and tonal range, but until then, stock sounds are more than fine.

Your drum sounds were sampled, but they were your own samples.

I compose in Cubase with Steven Slate Drums using stock sounds. I hope to some day get around to recording my own gear adequately enough to get the same dynamic and tonal range, but until then, stock sounds are more than fine.

I acknowledge that. What I meant to say was that no previously available samples were used. Comparing them to the stock samples I have and have previously used in Reason, I do think they give more life and a certain rawness to the tracks .

Drumagog is neat. You're playing on drum sets recorded professionally in million dollar studios. It's one of my favorite programs. Of course you have to set your drums up and play, then replace the drum sounds.

Back