If you were bankrupt, starving and cold, could YOU burn your kit to keep you alive?

I heard on the news that it's so hot in Oz that they had to use new colors to graphically depict the heat on a map. I don't think you'll see any drums being burned anytime soon. Stay cool!

True Bon, they've added purple for temps over 50C. A few days ago was the hottest ever day around the country - the average temp for the nation that day was over 40C (104F) in the hottest week in our history. In my suburb it peaked at a touch over 42C (108F). It was still 34 (92) at midnight.

// end Polly's Sydney weather channel

True Bon, they've added purple for temps over 50C. A few days ago was the hottest ever day around the country - the average temp for the nation that day was over 40C (104F) in the hottest week in our history. In my suburb it peaked at a touch over 42C (108F). It was still 34 (92) at midnight.

That's pretty hot weather Grea, I hope you're coping with the heat....

... but Jojo, Travis and Joey reckon that this thread is even hotter, with heated topics such as starving, bankruptcy, fatherhood, single mothers, insects, fishes, mutants and destroying drums, not mentioning all the importance of beers related discussions.

Stop kidding around people, those are really SERIOUSLY HOT discussions!!!

Attachments

• Heated discussion.jpg
    Heated discussion.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 104
I just went to Lowes and bought three new fire extinguishers - one for the bedroom, one for the kitchen, and one for the drum kit.

Attachments

• vh.jpg
    vh.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 96
Yes, a newly learning to drink me learned that one many years back.

Sounds really fancy and all to be drinking a nice imported beer, until you realize, it doesn't really taste like a nice imported beer..........

There's actually more to it mate. The Fosters that we export is a different brew to the Fosters found locally. One of our premium beers called Crown Lager, is rebadged as Fosters for the international market. The company thought the name Fosters had better brand recognition internationally and just swapped out the brew that went into the bottle to send OS is all.

So in truth, we actually do drink the same beer. I'm not sure whether the majority of my countrymen actually know this and like to run with the Fosters slight anyway, or if they really think that the rest of the world is lapping up a crappy beer that we refuse to drink. Either way the gag remains in place purely to fuel the eternal Aussie/English rivalry, I'm sure.

It was still 34 (92) at midnight.

That's when you drop the A/C to 18C (64F) and shamelessly pull the doona (duvet for the rest of the world), up Pol!!

That is some seriously hot weather however you measure it. They just showed a huge dust cloud that took over a portion of Oz. I still remember hearing about some epic cyclone a couple years ago.

The funny thing is, while everybody else is suffering, California has had wonderful weather for like the last four years or so. It's gets a bit hot in Summer, but there's nothing like what you guys and our East Coasters are going through.

The funny thing is, while everybody else is suffering, California has had wonderful weather for like the last four years or so. It's gets a bit hot in Summer, but there's nothing like what you guys and our East Coasters are going through.

Although, apart from the occasional earth shaking event.....I believe California has claimed "wonderful weather" for the better part of about 4 thousand years or so, hasn't it?

That's when you drop the A/C to 18C (64F) and shamelessly pull the doona (duvet for the rest of the world), up Pol!!

Jules, I just stayed up until around 2am when the change came through. I find having the aircon set at 26C works fine. I've never liked doonas. Grubby things ...

That is some seriously hot weather however you measure it. They just showed a huge dust cloud that took over a portion of Oz. I still remember hearing about some epic cyclone a couple years ago.

art-702377962-620x349.jpg

Yes Bon, it's the craziest storm front I've seen. Apparently the red is from desert dust.

And yep, Brisbane was flooded badly year ago.

Or, why I continue to live here, despite the fact that the cost of living is driving me insane.

Ditto (eastern) Sydney with me. There's been some fierce heat this summer but the past few years have been mild summers in the eastern part of Sydney.

Although, apart from the occasional earth shaking event.....I believe California has claimed "wonderful weather" for the better part of about 4 thousand years or so, hasn't it?

Well, some years are better than others. It's all relative.

Yes Bon, it's the craziest storm front I've seen. Apparently the red is from desert dust.

And yep, Brisbane was flooded badly year ago.

That dust cloud looks down right apocalyptic. Wow!

Back