GRETSCH DRUM RUG?

No clue what the price is but I'm sure it's allot more expensive than an area rug you can pick up at walmart, target, lowes or home depot. Got my rug for $20 and it works just fine on any surface I put it on. keep in mind you are paying for the advertising on those corners ;-)

Yep. That's a new item and I'm sure it's probably 60 bucks or more.

Got one very similar, but another brand, for Christmas as a gift. I checked and it was about $50 plus shipping.

Other than the weighted corners, it appears to be no different than any office rug you can pick up at Home Depo/Walmart, etc.

I got mine at Bed bath and Beyond for 30.00. I t is 6 x 9 feet and came with a small 2 x 3 extra mat. I love Gretsch but...$$$$$

Well..I have lots of "rugs" but I don't have a Gretsch Rug. The MSRP is $125usd. Yes - that's expensive, but I will have a nice Gretsch (maybe collector's someday) rug under my Gretsch kit. It will add to the Gretsch look. I'm looking forward to its arrival. Each to their own I guess. I can't wait for the Gretsch sox to appear - lol !

Man that's a lot for a rug. The rug under my monster kit was like 20 bucks 4x8' at Family Dollar and the one under my gig kit was 14 bucks 3x6". But hey, i'm cheap. Hell, my guitarists and i just went dumpster diving behind the carpet store for remnants to do our jam space. Now that's cheap....

Man that's a lot for a rug. The rug under my monster kit was like 20 bucks 4x8' at Family Dollar and the one under my gig kit was 14 bucks 3x6". But hey, i'm cheap. Hell, my guitarists and i just went dumpster diving behind the carpet store for remnants to do our jam space. Now that's cheap....

Yes - $20 is a good deal, good find!

Like I said I have lots of carpet and rugs, but I don't got no Gretsch Rug (just yet). I ordered one yesterday from my local retailer........$81 USD. I'm happy with that. I'm sure the Rug will look pretty nice on top of my Forest/Emerald Green carpet that currently covers the floor in my "drum room."

Yes - $20 is a good deal, good find!

Like I said I have lots of carpet and rugs, but I don't got no Gretsch Rug (just yet). I ordered one yesterday from my local retailer........$81 USD. I'm happy with that. I'm sure the Rug will look pretty nice on top of my Forest/Emerald Green carpet that currently covers the floor in my "drum room."

We await the review. Maybe the Gretsch rug has unseen qualities. Home Despot, Wal-Mart etc. rugs usually have some nasty out-gassing going on, they don't fold well and 'bunch-up' at the slightest gear movement.

The Gretsch might be 'well though out' as a dedicated drum rug.

I use one of those olefin doormats used in restaurants, etc. They are rubber backed and last for years, grip velcro and take spikes. You can get them cheap at restaurant and office supply stores.

Also, people usually use mats that are far bigger than what they need. In most cases, you can get by with 2' by 3' mat that, when placed diagonnaly, holds the bass drum pedal, hihat pedal and seat. Modern rubber feet on cymbal and tom stands seem to keep them from wandering. Drum companies like to sell huge mats, but a smaller one works just as well if you place it carefully.

I agree with DMC, although I use a large mat. The thing is, my band knows as soon as I put my rug down exactly where NOT to set up. It leaves me enough room for my whole kit, a walkway (if it's a tight set up, and the PA or something is right near the kit), etc. That way, if I get distracted during set up, I don't end up with a bass amp or whatever where I want to set up a cymbal stand, so stuff has to be moved. I know a lot of drummers show up and set up before their band mates...using my rug like this lets me show up with them...and if I ever know I will be getting to a gig late (has happened a few times), they take the rug and don't have to worry about leaving me enough room.

I got my rug for $25. I will never understand why people pay to advertise for other companies. I don't knock it, if you want to, fine...but it doesn't make sense to me. I also don't understand why people put company stickers on their heads unless they have an endorsement deal.

I agree with DMC, although I use a large mat. The thing is, my band knows as soon as I put my rug down exactly where NOT to set up. It leaves me enough room for my whole kit, a walkway (if it's a tight set up, and the PA or something is right near the kit), etc. That way, if I get distracted during set up, I don't end up with a bass amp or whatever where I want to set up a cymbal stand, so stuff has to be moved. I know a lot of drummers show up and set up before their band mates...using my rug like this lets me show up with them...and if I ever know I will be getting to a gig late (has happened a few times), they take the rug and don't have to worry about leaving me enough room.

I got my rug for $25. I will never understand why people pay to advertise for other companies. I don't knock it, if you want to, fine...but it doesn't make sense to me. I also don't understand why people put company stickers on their heads unless they have an endorsement deal.

Interesting use for a rug, but it makes sense. Territory is important, especially on a small stage.

Orientalrugsmart

Hello everybody,
I purchase some rugs after one year .I am having problems cleaning my area rug.there are some grease stains that I can't seem to get off it. the rug is also beginning to show signs of aging... small tears are visible on it. i believe i am not being able to take good care of it. can anyone suggest how i can get that stain off the rug. i could also use some maintenance tips.
Thanks!

Re: Orientalrugsmart

Hello everybody,
I purchase some rugs after one year .I am having problems cleaning my area rug.there are some grease stains that I can't seem to get off it. the rug is also beginning to show signs of aging... small tears are visible on it. i believe i am not being able to take good care of it. can anyone suggest how i can get that stain off the rug. i could also use some maintenance tips.
Thanks!

Grease as in pedal schmegma? Signs of aging are good. As for the stain, I would leave it and treat the symptom.

Interesting use for a rug, but it makes sense. Territory is important, especially on a small stage.

It's certainly a better way of marking territory than my old bassist had.

I used to use two small rugs, and then set up according to those. I found it worked brilliantly, as I could move them around to accommodate for the different setups I used for different gigs.

Got the rug under the drums and I'm happy with it.

An aside here:
Added a new Tama StarClassic 8x14 snare to the kit - a beautiful drum. It has a Fiberskyn batter head and so far I'm really liking it.

Attachments

• THE GRE-RUG DOWN JUN27 09.jpg
    THE GRE-RUG DOWN JUN27 09.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2,301
  • gretsch drum rug in the drum room.jpg
    gretsch drum rug in the drum room.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,966
  • Tama Starclassic med.jpg
    Tama Starclassic med.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,488
Re: Orientalrugsmart

Hi everyone,
I purchase some rugs after one year .I am having problems cleaning my area rug.i believe i am not being able to take good care of it. can anyone suggest how i can get that stain off the rug. i could also use some maintenance tips.I am waiting for your perfect answer.
Thanks!

Back