DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 05-03-2008, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Gavin Harrison here!

Gavin,

I was listening to "Where are you Going?" the other day and was trying to figure out how many time signature changes occurred in the song. It's also a style of playing that I'm not accustomed to figuring out. Lots of jazz, blue influences. Jazz for me is quite difficult to comprehend because I find it hard to figure out who the drummer is following. It seems like he plays along with the bass guitar and adds accents with the piano player. It's just more than I'm used to I guess.

Eric
Old 05-03-2008, 11:49 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Kalma,

a friend of mine wondered, if your designer set with Earth Finish was high gloss painted..

Yes it is.

What do you think? Here's my Wallpaper: http://vs165143.vserver.de/stixcontr...n_harrison.jpg

Very nice job.

Hi lorneyc,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show.

But I did see a few people get chucked out for no reason. They threw out a girl because she was apparently hanging around in the wrong spot, she was in tears out the front trying to convince them to let her back in.

Sorry to hear it. As you might imagine we had no idea that kind of thing was going on. We don't get to choose the security - or if the venue will allow all ages. We always find out after the event.

Hi drumbumhamza,

id like to know if tool, meshuggah and king crimson (minus the solo) influenced PTs song writing style in the last 4 albums

Although we like those bands - I don't think they had any direct influence on PT's last albums other than what might have seeped through our collective subconsciousness.

Hi cygnify,

The announcement also stated, "this will be the final time that the Fear of a Blank Planet tour repertoire will be performed". Does this mean that you won't be performing the "Fear of" songs ever again or just not all those songs in that combination?

It means that we probably won't play all the FOABP songs again in one concert.

Hi baniels,

You had mention before that you use Pearl BD beaters (the one that you sometimes break while performing). Is it the 4-sided, the 2-sided, or some other Pearl model?

I use the 2 sided model.

What qualities of your chosen beater outweigh the hazards of possible in-show breakage?

I just like the weight of it and the sound it produces. I do from time to time bend the shafts slightly.

Hi Joe P,

I see that you like the Pearl ICON racks. Do you have a preference as far as the curved/straight option goes? If so, why?

I have a straight bar at my left side and at the front - and a curved bar on my right side - just because it's longer and I wanted it to reach past my second floor tom.

Hi euphoric_anomaly,

I was listening to "Where are you Going?" the other day and was trying to figure out how many time signature changes occurred in the song.

It's in 3/4 until the 2:00 mark when it switches to 5/8. It goes a bit wild at 3:40 in the time signature department - then 4:04 until the end is all 3/4 again.

cheers
Gavin
Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 AM

Hi Gavin,

Hope you guys play again in Holland at the end of the year with the small tour. Really looking forward to see you all again! Still have a lot of good memories from the last show.

Though a more advanced question. You worked a lot with clicktracks as a sessiondrummer and performer.
Now we have lots of problems with backingtracks. The problem lies with the syncing of the drummer and the tracks.
We had one gig last year but on stage the problem already occured. Monitor signals are setup lousy and the drummer loses his feed or isn't able to hear it so he gets out of sync. We have those problems a lot in the rehearsalrooms too so I'm not fond of doing backingtracks but the music relies on it (we are a genesis coverband and genesis worked a lot with drummachines which are important for the song and sound of the song).

I noticed that Marillion (you might know them and or even like them) uses a different aproach to backingtracks and giving a signal to their drummer. They have a device that gives light signals. The original site went down, only the myspace of the company that made it still excists.
http://www.myspace.com/midimetronome

My question: do you think this unit will actually help more? Or do you have other advice maybe? I'm really desperate now with the issue so any advice is welcome!

Thanks for your time :)

Santi
Old 05-04-2008, 12:28 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoG7p1ona6Y

I really love your sound in this video! I recognise your white designer snare, but are you using your SQ2 kit on this video? If so, is this the right configuration?

8x7" Rack Tom
10x8" Rack Tom
12x10" Rack Tom
14x12" Floor Tom
16x14" Floor Tom
22x17" Bass Drum

Rack toms are: thin maple
Floor toms are: medium maple
Bass drum are: Heavy maple

Is this right?

As I said, I absolutley love your playing and sound! Rock on!

cheers!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:42 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi SantiBanks,

The problem lies with the syncing of the drummer and the tracks.
We had one gig last year but on stage the problem already occured. Monitor signals are setup lousy and the drummer loses his feed or isn't able to hear it so he gets out of sync.

The drummer absolutely must have a direct feed from the backing machine directly to his headphone amp. Monitor engineers and desks can and will go wrong. I always have a direct line going to me - and a volume control that I can turn up if I'm struggling to hear it for whatever reason. We played in New York once and the monitor engineer had gone for dinner and didn't show up until 10 minutes after we started. He left the monitor desk off - so we played the first 2 or 3 songs with no monitors. I still had the click and the backing stuff in my headphones.
I know the midi metronome thing - we used it alongside a regular click in Level 42. Personally I couldn't have played tight with it.

Hi DTrocks,

That kit is my Designer set with the "Earth" finish. The spec is correct except it's an 8x8 tom.Also it's a 12x9 not 12x10 tom. That Designer is all 'Thin" shells. (Not vintage like DeLight - so there's no support rings inside the drums).

cheers
Gavin
Old 05-04-2008, 09:10 AM

hey Gavin thanks for the reply :) (all my fav bands so...)

im still not sure about what pedals you use
what pedals would you recommend if i want a heavy punchy sound and recoil action and yet play comfortably at say around 200 bpm 16ths

also one of my bands is tracking drums now and the engineer insists that we copy paste repeated parts
he assured me that its cool and even big bands like meshuggah and tool do it
we had sort of tiff over that and i said that theres no way that theyd do such a thing
he pointed out that they have pasted stuff on (BLEED-MESHUGGAH)
they play it perfectly live but to save recording time or something they use this technique

so i was wondering if you do that as well
or do you just take the song from start to finish several times and pick out the best outa those ?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:39 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi drumbumhamza,

The pedals I use are Axis A Longboards. Personally I do not use copy and paste on my drum tracks. I don't know if these other bands do or not. I do several takes of the same song and pick the best performance.

cheers
Gavin
Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantiBanks View Post
Hi Gavin,

Hope you guys play again in Holland at the end of the year with the small tour....
In case you didn't know, they play the Pinkpop festival on Friday the 30th of May.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Harrison View Post
I know the midi metronome thing - we used it alongside a regular click in Level 42. Personally I couldn't have played tight with it.
Agree. Extra hard to play accurately with a light. I guess it's the difficulty in comparing something you see with something you hear. With an audio click you effectively hear a flam if you're slightly out, but there's nothing so helpful with a light.

Still, all those coloured lights should look nice'n'pretty ;-))
Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 PM

thanks Gavin :D:D:D
haha i knew it :) just needed some reassurance

a few more questions if you dont mind (when i begin to get annoying just let me know and il stop hehe)

while watching a drum video of yours, i noticed that your overhead mics are rather close to each other, that is in comparison to what i normally see at local gigs
the distance between the two is about 2 feet whereas the distance between your mics seemed hardly more than 6 inches
is there any specific reason for this placement ?

also, i watched the Blackfield DVD wherein Steven sings "thank you India" in one of the songs.....i was wondering if you guys will ever come down to India :( ?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Silver Member

Hi Gavin,

i already presented it a few posts ago, but i think you didn't notice it.
Well, here's a wallpaper I created:
http://vs165143.vserver.de/stixcontr...n_harrison.jpg

How do you like it?
Others and me could design more and you could put them onto your site!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalma View Post
Hi Gavin,

i already presented it a few posts ago, but i think you didn't notice it.
Well, here's a wallpaper I created:
http://vs165143.vserver.de/stixcontr...n_harrison.jpg

How do you like it?
Others and me could design more and you could put them onto your site!
Yeah, he already commented on that picture a couple of posts below.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Hi SantiBanks,

The drummer absolutely must have a direct feed from the backing machine directly to his headphone amp. Monitor engineers and desks can and will go wrong. I always have a direct line going to me - and a volume control that I can turn up if I'm struggling to hear it for whatever reason. We played in New York once and the monitor engineer had gone for dinner and didn't show up until 10 minutes after we started. He left the monitor desk off - so we played the first 2 or 3 songs with no monitors. I still had the click and the backing stuff in my headphones.

cheers
Gavin
Hi Gavin,

Thanks a lot for your good advice! I appreciate it! That NYC scenario is indeed worse and it seems like a real nightmare if you didn't had your separate feed! I'll try making a separate clicktrack (like in your SOS article) for the drummer that I'll send to his monitor and have the backingtrack and myself as feeds for him to mix to his own taste and needs (it seems he prefers keyboards in his mix). I know he has a small amp of his own and a cheap mixer so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again for the advice and also thanks for sharing your thoughts on the midi metronome device.

Cheers,
Santi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
In case you didn't know, they play the Pinkpop festival on Friday the 30th of May.
Yeah I knew about that and its great to see PT at a festival like Pinkpop. Though I'm personally not fond of festivals. So I'll skip that one. But as with any PT gig in the future, I'll be front row :)
Old 05-05-2008, 07:51 AM

Hi Gavin,
actually this is my first time here.I really love your playing, your playing have change my approach to drumming.

A few Q's :
1) Because i didn't take any music course in my country, i found difficulties to play smooth, i mean i am basically rock player and im trying to play rock with your approach which i think more to the jazz approach to rock music, which complete the music itself. How to incorporate those 2 elements?
2) What is the song that you played in Musikmesse Frankfurt 2007. I have the 3 videos from drummerworld, but i wonder what's the name of the funk song that you played. Is it your original work? is it possible to get the mp3?
3) Does PT has any intentions to go to Indonesia(My country)?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english ..

Goodluck for you!! You're my drum hero!
Old 05-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez- View Post
Yeah, he already commented on that picture a couple of posts below.
Really?
I can't find the post :-O
Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Hi lorneyc,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show.

But I did see a few people get chucked out for no reason. They threw out a girl because she was apparently hanging around in the wrong spot, she was in tears out the front trying to convince them to let her back in.

Sorry to hear it. As you might imagine we had no idea that kind of thing was going on. We don't get to choose the security - or if the venue will allow all ages. We always find out after the event.
Gavin
I figured that would be the case, just thought I'd mention it in case it turned out you had any control over it, they really were pricks. But anyway, the show was amazing and well worth dealing briefly with a couple of arseholes to get into :D Excellent stuff! My faith in music can always be renewed by bands like PT when I'm feeling a little down about the industry.

Also, I heard a rumour that you'll be doing some kind of clinic tour in Australia. Any details/dates on that?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi drumbumhamza,

the distance between the two is about 2 feet whereas the distance between your mics seemed hardly more than 6 inches is there any specific reason for this placement ?

My overheads at the moment are right above my head about 6-7 inches apart facing outwards like a pair of ears. I wanted to try and capture the sound that I hear sitting at the drums.

also, i watched the Blackfield DVD wherein Steven sings "thank you India" in one of the songs.....i was wondering if you guys will ever come down to India :( ?

That must have been his cover of Alanis Morissette's "Thank You". We have no plans to come to India at the moment.

Hi stasha,

1) Because i didn't take any music course in my country, i found difficulties to play smooth, i mean i am basically rock player and im trying to play rock with your approach which i think more to the jazz approach to rock music, which complete the music itself. How to incorporate those 2 elements?

If you can already play rock - study some jazz.

2) What is the song that you played in Musikmesse Frankfurt 2007. I have the 3 videos from drummerworld, but i wonder what's the name of the funk song that you played. Is it your original work? is it possible to get the mp3?

Are you referring to the 3rd video from Frankfurt? If so - it's called "Quite Firm" by Laurence Cottle and it's on my DVD "Rhythmic Visions".

3) Does PT has any intentions to go to Indonesia(My country)?

We have no plans to come to Indonesia at the moment.

Hi lorneyc,

Also, I heard a rumour that you'll be doing some kind of clinic tour in Australia. Any details/dates on that?

Seems like you heard that rumour too late - I've already done them. Geelong Drum Festival 29th of April and Canberra on the 30th of April.

cheers
Gavin
Old 05-05-2008, 11:56 AM

G'day from down under Gavin, I can really dig some of the stuff you've done in both of your DVDs.

Thanks for drumming and sharing some of your really good groove around.

Dr_Funky
Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 PM

This is kind of a stupid question, but do you have a drumtech? I asume you do have one, but i've never really heard any talk about your drumtech so...

Are you guys planing to go to Norway any time soon? If so will you play in Oslo Spectrum?
Old 05-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Hi Gavin

I look this photo. In your sonor 12" snare you have a gum strips.

What is this?
thanks a lot
Angelo
Old 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM

I can't see them well (imageshack won't let me see it outside this forum...), but they make some great products out there like what you are describing, the most well known of them being moongel.

Basically, when you buy moongel, you get this little plastic container with 4 or 5 strips of a tacky, gel-like solid (sorta like those kids toys that stretch and stick when you fling them around). In terms of muffling, these are about as good as it gets. They stick to the head, so they don't go any where and where you place them on the head and in what orientation determines which overtones get muffled. I keep some in my kit stick bag for when I do freelance drumming for musicals and such around here. Get some thin heads and tune them up: jazz kit. Same heads tuned down with moongel: rock/funk kit. Its also good for keeping floor toms under control in small or sensitive environments as they can stick to the bottom head as well as the top and carry enough weight to muffle a big drum. They are even washable (just run a little water over them and let them dry). I highly recommend them.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDrums24 View Post
I can't see them well (imageshack won't let me see it outside this forum...), but they make some great products out there like what you are describing, the most well known of them being moongel.

Basically, when you buy moongel, you get this little plastic container with 4 or 5 strips of a tacky, gel-like solid (sorta like those kids toys that stretch and stick when you fling them around). In terms of muffling, these are about as good as it gets. They stick to the head, so they don't go any where and where you place them on the head and in what orientation determines which overtones get muffled. I keep some in my kit stick bag for when I do freelance drumming for musicals and such around here. Get some thin heads and tune them up: jazz kit. Same heads tuned down with moongel: rock/funk kit. Its also good for keeping floor toms under control in small or sensitive environments as they can stick to the bottom head as well as the top and carry enough weight to muffle a big drum. They are even washable (just run a little water over them and let them dry). I highly recommend them.
Hi ZDrums24
thanks a lot for this information
http://www.edelbier.it/home/images/s...on/gavin16.jpg
this is a link of image i look this in workshop in italy
for me is a PROMARK PMDG drum gum strips.
Moongel is a fantastic invention but i never tried this
thanks a lot
Angelo
Old 05-07-2008, 01:18 PM

Hey Gavin,
firstly I'd like to say that your playing in Porcupine Tree is simply amazing and has been a real inspiration to me, and has given me so many more things to think about over the last few months.

I've got two questions that I'd really appreciate your thoughts on:

When you listen to a piece of music that you've never heard before, what do you tend to listen to the most in the song, and how does that change as you listen to it more and more??

And when you are composing or writing drum parts, and you are having trouble coming up with a pattern or piece that you think is appropriate, how do you arrive at the point where you say "this is what I should play here!!" ??

Thanks in advance,
Liam.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Hi lorneyc,

Seems like you heard that rumour too late - I've already done them. Geelong Drum Festival 29th of April and Canberra on the 30th of April.

cheers
Gavin
Yeah, someone just filled me in on that yesterday. Unfortunate, but hopefully you'll do some clinics next time you tour in Australia. I didn't even think of looking to see if you were doing clinics when I heard PT were coming here, I won't make that mistake again! See you next time, hopefully sooner rather than later!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi DTrocks,

This is kind of a stupid question, but do you have a drumtech? I asume you do have one, but i've never really heard any talk about your drumtech so...

Yes his name is Jason Birnie and works for us in the Porcupine Tree crew.

Are you guys planing to go to Norway any time soon? If so will you play in Oslo Spectrum?

We have no plans to play Norway at the moment.

Hi angelo,

I look this photo. In your sonor 12" snare you have a gum strips. What is this?

Actually it's just a piece of gaffa tape folded back into a small roll.

Hi jiltednut,

When you listen to a piece of music that you've never heard before, what do you tend to listen to the most in the song, and how does that change as you listen to it more and more??

I try to hear the song as a whole and get an idea of what the composition is trying to convey. Some details might jump out at me that my ear naturally picks up on. Could be a lyric, could be a rhythm, could be a sound, could be the overall groove.

And when you are composing or writing drum parts, and you are having trouble coming up with a pattern or piece that you think is appropriate, how do you arrive at the point where you say "this is what I should play here!!" ??

That is the mystical magical thing where inspiration (hopefully) kicks in. It's a very hard thing to describe or even answer. I search for a balance in what I'm going to play - it's like musical architecture. When something feels right to me on a gut instinctive level that's when I think to myself "this is the right drum part". It's a lot do with my individual taste and personality. The drum part that I might think is perfect - might not perfect for someone else - and vice versa.

Cheers
Gavin
Old 05-09-2008, 12:00 AM

Hey Gavin,
I've been enchanted by "Mother and Child Divided" on Arriving Somewhere as of late. Particularly, I love the version from the end credits. Anyway, I was wondering, how do you count it when you play it? As 5+5+6? Or as a collective 4? Please explain this to me! I'd also love to get a transcription of the intro fill from the credits abridged version (Terry Branam, maybe?). Thanks so much!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Joe P,

it is all in 4/4 - the verse pattern spreads across two bars. Inside that pattern I think of it as three groups of 10/16 and then 2/16ths on the end to round it off.

cheers
Gavin
Old 05-09-2008, 02:18 AM

Hi Gavin,

I was watching your Rhythmic Horizons DVD and i noticed in one of the examples of Overriding the bassline your playing is the 17/8 middle section from Halo.

I was just wondering if you wrote the bassline, since you play it in the DVD.
That bass sounded pretty cool being played with a stick.

Thanks, Anesth
Old 05-09-2008, 07:15 AM

hello again

i was watching your rhythmic visions dvd and i was amazed by the song "footprints"
is the main groove a polyrhythm of 3/16 on the hats (or is it a normal shuffle in 4/4) and 6/8 with the snare and bass ?

also how do you count the polys you play....or do you just go with the feel ?

this is how i do it... please correct me if my technique is wrong

suppose i wana try and play 3/8 with my feet (bass chik chik bass chik chik), 4/8 with my left hand (snare on 3) and 5/16 with my right hand ( played on the ride as 1_34_1_34_1_34_ .......rests on 2 and 5)

so what i do is
play the 3/8 groove until i dont need to count anymore
then to this i add the 4/8 groove.....counting initially then feeling it
and finally adding the 5/16 groove

is this your approach as well or do you do it differently ?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Anesth,

I was watching your Rhythmic Horizons DVD and i noticed in one of the examples of Overriding the bassline your playing is the 17/8 middle section from Halo. I was just wondering if you wrote the bassline, since you play it in the DVD.

Yes I did. In fact I had just recorded that section of my DVD when the band came round for a writing session and so I played it to them - and that's where Halo was born from that strange middle section.

Hi drumbumhamza,

i was watching your rhythmic visions dvd and i was amazed by the song "footprints"
is the main groove a polyrhythm of 3/16 on the hats (or is it a normal shuffle in 4/4) and 6/8 with the snare and bass ?

Here is the groove I played on Footprints
Name:  Footprints.jpg
Views: 1879
Size:  43.8 KB

also how do you count the polys you play....or do you just go with the feel ?

I've been doing those kind of things for so long now - I just feel them.

so what i do is play the 3/8 groove until i dont need to count anymore then to this i add the 4/8 groove.....counting initially then feeling it and finally adding the 5/16 groove. is this your approach as well or do you do it differently ?

That's pretty much how I do it. There generally has to be something you play that you need to do without much attention (such as the pattern of your feet - in your example) and then you can focus on the harder stuff above. There's a chapter in my second book "Rhythmic Perspectives" all about the focus of attention whilst playing polyrhythmic stuff.

cheers
Gavin
Old 05-09-2008, 08:38 PM

sadly neither your books, dvds nor PT albums are available here
il probably ask my cousin to get it down for the states :(

thanks for scanning the notation :)
greatly appreciated
Old 05-09-2008, 08:45 PM

Hey Gavin,

i have a question about your snare wires ,

where do you cut it down?

i have a 16 - Wire Puresound.. do you think it makes sense to cut it to 8 Wires ?

Thank you for your Time !
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trains' View Post
Hey Gavin,

i have a question about your snare wires ,

where do you cut it down?

i have a 16 - Wire Puresound.. do you think it makes sense to cut it to 8 Wires ?

Thank you for your Time !
I asked this question a while back. He cuts off the 2 outside wires on either side of the unit.
A 16 set is pretty wide compared to an 8. It would make more sense to cut down a set of 12, but I can't imagine it'll make much of a difference in sound whether you use a set of 16 or a set of 12 once they are cut down to 8.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDrums24 View Post
I asked this question a while back. He cuts off the 2 outside wires on either side of the unit.
A 16 set is pretty wide compared to an 8. It would make more sense to cut down a set of 12, but I can't imagine it'll make much of a difference in sound whether you use a set of 16 or a set of 12 once they are cut down to 8.
I know he cuts the outside wires .. but where exactly , i'm a bit fussy about cutting something " expensive " like that down. Stundents and the money ;). And the difference between a cut down 12 or 16 wire .. there is more damping when it was a 16 wire .. again , im probly. too fussy :P . But Gavin knows all of that ( if you believe in a german drum magazine ;) ) , so got to ask him .. ;)
Old 05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Trains,

I actually use pliers to pull them right off the plate where they are soldered - then I file it down so there's no rough edges to cut into the snare head. Of course the plate that holds 16 strands will be wider than a 12 plate. I've never tried it with a 16 strand so I don't know what the difference would be.

cheers
Gavin
Old 05-10-2008, 02:22 AM

Gavin, I read on a Portuguese site that there were rumors that you guys would be playing here in Portugal this fall, can you confirm this?
from your
tv set

Old 05-10-2008, 01:50 PM

Hi Gavin

At last good news!. PT are going to play in Spain in october. I´ve just ordered the tickets for both me and my wife, and we´ll see the band in Madrid 10/10/08. Can´t wait! ;-).

Will be some of your stuff -cds or books- on sale in the concert?. Would be nice.

See you
Gustavo.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
Gavin, I read on a Portuguese site that there were rumors that you guys would be playing here in Portugal this fall, can you confirm this?
Check the PT site - it indicates Portuguese dates are to be confirmed shortly.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 AM

Hi Gavin, I just wanted to say that I'm a new recreational drummer and an even newer PT fan. My local drum shop guy introduced me to you guys. I was pretty much instantly a fan of PT and I think your drumming is inspirational and incredibly impressive. And the fact that you are so interactive with your fans -- wow! : )

I checked the PT website and was crushed to see no USA tour dates for this year. : (

Just one question for you: Do you or PT have any plans to film any performances in high def for release on Blu Ray?

Anyways, keep up the amazing work and thank you.

PS. Drop is freaking awesome.

Last edited by Tauwolf; 05-12-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Hi Tom Sawyer,

We are trying to come to Portugal - but things aren't confirmed yet.

Hi Tauwolf,

I checked the PT website and was crushed to see no USA tour dates for this year. : (

That's correct - no plans to come there this year - but I'll be playing with King Crimson in August. Nashville - Chicago - Philadelphia - NYC (multiple nights in each town).

Just one question for you: Do you or PT have any plans to film any performances in high def for release on Blu Ray?

We will shoot the next DVD in High Definition (as the last one was too) - I don't know if it'll make to a Blu Ray release.

cheers
Gavin