Tama vs. Ludwig Atlas Snare Bags

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
I have the Atlas in red, and although it's a darned nice bag, it's too big for my 14"x5.5" snare, so it's sitting unused. In fact, it still has the factory plastic on it.

Now, I have an older Tama bag that's brown vinyl with the embroidered Tama logo that at one time was sold with snares, and both my snares fit inside well, but I can't find those bags anymore. Definitely not as tough as the Atlas bag but I've never had a problem in decades of gigging with it, so I wouldn't hesitate to get another for my other snare if I could find one.

So, I started investigating the Tama Powerpad line. I've searched and cannot find any more pics of the Tama Powerpad bag, other than the one shot Tama provides as a stock photo. Does anyone have the Powerpad that can maybe share more details other than what Tama prints, and maybe some pics?

FWIW, I like how the handle on the Tama bag is positioned ergonomically correct, and that it has a shoulder strap. I've ruled out Ahead and Protection Racket bags due to awkward handle positioning and lack of shoulder strap.

Thanks in advance for any details.

Back