St Anger snare, or lid of a trash can?

We all know that infamous snare sound on Metallica​'s St Anger album. Personally, I think this garbage can lid sounds better. Now, i'm not knocking Lars, because a lot of people already do. But, that snare sound is just atrocious... Thoughts, questions, concerns?

Full video here: https://youtu.be/NW4VS2nTX6U

tough contest but I do actually think the original snare is better

The trash can sounds better than I thought it would. It's a great idea if you ever forget to bring your snare drum to the gig..........

(It can also be used to carry your hardware to and from the gig)

The trash can sounds better than I thought it would. It's a great idea if you ever forget to bring your snare drum to the gig..........

(It can also be used to carry your hardware to and from the gig)

I was quite surprised with how I got it to sound. You can buy many of these for the price of one snare.

Was that the crazy diamond plate thing?

I'm sure that sound works for someone out there; it's just not gonna be me.

The diamond plate thing in the background?

No, this...

400614000000488-00-500x500.jpg

Take the handle off a saucepan and put that on a snare stand.

They come in different materials, widths and depths too so that's one over the Lars snare.

Plus you can flip in over and cook in it.

I can't believe how good the trash can lid sounds.

I must be the only person in the world who liked the St. Anger snare sound. It's obnoxious, but angry music is allowed to sound obnoxious. I think the hatred for it has a lot to do with the fact it's Metallica, with all the expectations that go along with that. Not to mention their role in the whole Napster thing and the change in musical direction their fans hated.

Take the handle off a saucepan and put that on a snare stand.

They come in different materials, widths and depths too so that's one over the Lars snare.

Plus you can flip in over and cook in it.

The handle is half off now. Maybe it'll make a return in the next month. As for the snare stand, it is in fact on a snare stand. I opened the basket up all the way, and it sat in there perfectly!

I can't believe how good the trash can lid sounds.

I must be the only person in the world who liked the St. Anger snare sound. It's obnoxious, but angry music is allowed to sound obnoxious. I think the hatred for it has a lot to do with the fact it's Metallica, with all the expectations that go along with that. Not to mention their role in the whole Napster thing and the change in musical direction their fans hated.

Most definitely hit the nail on the head with that one. There's always bashing online about Lars' playing, and i'm not trying to add to that. Just simply having some fun! People seem to love it, it's been shared 310 times!

I just noticed, every one of your threads links to your YouTube channel, and every one of your posts is on your own threads.

Just an observation.

I just noticed, every one of your threads links to your YouTube channel, and every one of your posts is on your own threads.

Just an observation.

Yea, he's got a clear goal of driving youtube hits, but at least he does come back to discuss when people post as opposed to the post and run crap.

Yea, he's got a clear goal of driving youtube hits, but at least he does come back to discuss when people post as opposed to the post and run crap.

True. Just an observation, really. Carry on! lol

Back