Brass Ludwig Supra Keystone badge

Mitchdrums

Okay so I have recently gotten this and can not find much info on it (being a keystone badge and brass) is it a reissue or original from the 60s?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 302
Or is it bronze?
Also an Australian estimation in value maybe? Keep in mind I just sold an aluminium model from 1979 for $450.
I just did a little search and found that these May have been made from 1959-1962?

I just did a little search and found that these May have been made from 1959-1962?

It's not that old mate. Monroe Keystone badge dates it from late 80's onwards, but it could well be even more recent than that.

It could well be bronze. I've seen a few "brass Supras" advertised that end up being bronze......just like I see "steel Supras" advertised that are actually aluminium.

Great drum. I bought a hammered bromnze Supra a few years ago for $500 Aussie, which at the time was a steal (I note prices in general have come down in the last couple of years.....we don't pay quite the same premiums that we used to). I've seen them advertised for between $100 to $200 higher than that, but have no idea if they sold or not.

Last edited:
Looks like the badge says Monroe, which means it's from 1985 or later. There was a short period post b/o badge where the large Keystone badge says Chicago, and those would be from maybe late-'83 thru 1984.

Bermuda

Your drum is an L552 model,6.5x14 bronze,made after 1985. It's value can most accurately be calculated by a search of Oz ebay completed auctions.That will give you an accurate picture of the current resale values of your particular drum.Condition,originality ,shipping and location have a great deal to do with it's value.In the US,that drum usually sells for 450-500 used,in good condition,with the buyer,paying shipping costs.

Steve B

Will be very interested to see how this goes mate. I have it on my watch list and will be keen to see what you get for it. I wish I was in a position to buy it, but I already have a bronze Supra and I'd just be buying more stuff I don't need.

I think you've priced it very reasonably for these parts. I honestly think it'll walk out the door at that price. Good luck with it!!

Back