Ludwig Silver Dot 20" Batter Head

ludwig-75

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if Ludwig still makes a 20" silver dot batter head? I've received mixed reports from various companies. I recently purchased a '79 vistalite octoplus kit with a matching 20" floor tom and have begun the restoration process. I'd like to replace all the heads with silver dot's to keep the vintage feel, but again, i would need a 20" tom head. Any help is appreciated!

Brandon

Google and Ebay both list it.

I did see the auction listings. The model number listed on several of the Ebay auctions is the same though, regardless of the specification for bass drum or simply drum head. I did ask the seller to specify the type, explaining the difference in the collar, and he assured me it was for a tom (even though the model number is for a BD head). It's ordered though and I'm hoping its the correct one. Fingers crossed.

you will likely have to settle for a kick head version in that size, as hardly anyone uses 20" floor toms anymore, thus they're not commonly offered. The Ludwig has a shallower collar, so it may be doable regardless of the type.

I'm pretty sure all silver dot heads are the same. I don't think they make a separate silver dot head for bass and toms. My guess is they designate it as a bass drum because a 20" tom is not really that common.

So just go for it. They may come in medium and heavy. Heavy would be a 10 mil head.

Back