Travis Barker

Re: travis barker in plane crash?

famous people in general don't mix with planes. i'm sure he'll pull through.

Re: travis barker in plane crash?

famous people in general don't mix with planes. i'm sure he'll pull through.
Famous people are demanded all throughout the world therefore they HAVE to use planes. Travis will pull through and still be an inspiration to many drummers

Critical condition with extensive burns is the latest update from the hospital treating him I just heard on the net. Might be a lengthy recovery...

Yep. Burns are horrible. It will be a very long recovery. This is really a sad thing to hear about. Really sad that anyone should have to go through this.

My prayers are with him.

Plane Crash, Travis barker

wow just heard the news. Hope he gets better from the plane crash: a criticle but stable state, shows how serious it was.. I hear also one of his best friends died in the crash aswell. get well Travis!!

i hope they both get better, thats to bad that happened. Also, does anyone know how to play the beginning of the travis barker boost mobile muscle suit video??? its about seconds 1 threw 6. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I don't like his drumming, but he's a fellow human being and he's a better drummer than me. Just like that damn Karen Carpenter...

Last edited:
It's great to hear that Travis and DJ AM are expected to fully recover!

So much for some of his tatoos lol.

i hope they both get better, thats to bad that happened. Also, does anyone know how to play the beginning of the travis barker boost mobile muscle suit video??? its about seconds 1 threw 6. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks!!!

Yes! hard to explain though... but i'll try. he takes his left hadn and does doubls w/ the high tom and w/ his right hand doubles on snare.. then he switches and does the same thing just w/ the snare and floor tom and finishes it off w/ a role. that is if my memory is complete..

Talking about hittin hard on the thread, this guy hits the hardest I think. A friend of mine did a cover of soulja boy, and he did it just as good, but didn't hit nearly as hard, and none of the fancy stuff T.B did. Shows that you don't have to hit hard to sound/be good.

Talking about hittin hard on the thread, this guy hits the hardest I think. A friend of mine did a cover of soulja boy, and he did it just as good, but didn't hit nearly as hard, and none of the fancy stuff T.B did. Shows that you don't have to hit hard to sound/be good.

Who ever said you had to hit hard to sound good?

I am a recent follower of Travis work. No, I don't think he is the be-all-and-end-all that I read about. He doesn't seem like the second coming, or someone who could out drum Buddy Rich.

But what I do think about his is he is creative, and brings a great energy into drumming. He is very kinetic and lively. I have been listening to the best of Blink 182 when I am stuck over here, and I can see why he is popular. He is very entertaining to listen to and watch. His energy and larger than life stage presence psyches me up to play. He works hard and earned his accolades, carving his own niche. He just gets a little too deified sometimes.

I am very greatful that he recoved from his horrific plane crash. I hope he is successful with his legal endeavors and getting back on the throne. He is a monster talent in any regard.

Maybe it was because with Travis you heard HIS tuning, HIS drums, HIS cymbals, and his drums were condensed.

Say you got drums and cymbals exactly like Neil Peart. You can tune them the same, use the same sticks and still they won't sound anything like they do in a recording or in a setting where mics are used.

I have the Paragon ride and I can tell you it doesn't sound exactly the same as Neil's on the R30 DVD

alright this has probably been said already but im not about to read all 1000 of these posts so here it goes. Travis Barker IS a good drummer but the reason so many people hate him is this: people who dont play drums watch him and think hes good because he plays fast, which angers people who do play drums. Then, those people start saying how its easy to play fast and that they can do it too and Travis is overrated, etc. However, the reason he is a good drummer is not because hes fast, but because of the creativity he uses in all of his songs, as well as how defined his style is. You can listen to any given song with him on drums and immediately tell its him, and thats not something that many drummers can say about themselves. So what im saying is no, hes not the best but he is definately a good drummer to say the least.

alright this has probably been said already but im not about to read all 1000 of these posts so here it goes. Travis Barker IS a good drummer but the reason so many people hate him is this: people who dont play drums watch him and think hes good because he plays fast, which angers people who do play drums. Then, those people start saying how its easy to play fast and that they can do it too and Travis is overrated, etc. However, the reason he is a good drummer is not because hes fast, but because of the creativity he uses in all of his songs, as well as how defined his style is. You can listen to any given song with him on drums and immediately tell its him, and thats not something that many drummers can say about themselves. So what im saying is no, hes not the best but he is definately a good drummer to say the least.

I also wanna add that the reason why he's viewed as being so talented is because he was in a well known band called Blink 182. That definitely got his name out there.

Personally, the one thing that annoys me about Travis is that it's not Travis himself, it's the vast amount of people, who aren't musically oriented, who compare Travis to a very talented drummer who actually have an amazing talent like Buddy Rich or Tony Williams for example. That to me is so ridiculous and simply isn't feasible. You can't compare the two although I do see it all the time especially on YouTube. In my eyes, Travis is overrated but he does have some good ideas and he has inspired millions of people so I give him credit for that.

I agree. I don't think he's the best drummer ever, lol that's ridiculous. Nor did I think that before I started drumming. However, I've always been inspired by Travis, and was a big fan of his old band, Blink-182. I also understand though why so many people think he's "overrated". He did get a lot of publicity from his reality show "Meet the Barkers". I will say this...I think it would be quite an unfair assumption for someone to just flat out say...Travis Isn't good. The fact that he does have speed, and can use it in a creative way, is something alot of people don't have.

I also wanna add that the reason why he's viewed as being so talented is because he was in a well known band called Blink 182. That definitely got his name out there.

The reason Blink-182 was popular is because it had Travis Barker in it, not the other way around.

Back