Yamaha Oaks!

djeb

Went to pick up my new Yammies today, second hand but in mint condition.
I put coated ambassadors on the toms and a Powerstroke " coated on the bass.
Those babies really sing, the bass is really full and cutting, the toms are very warm, you can tune them very high or really low in a second, they are really very easy to tune, but already having a RC and a MC easy tuning seem to be one of the many qualities of Yamaha drums.

Attachments

• yammies oaks (5).jpg
    yammies oaks (5).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 524
  • yammies oaks (4).jpg
    yammies oaks (4).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 521
  • yammies oaks (3).jpg
    yammies oaks (3).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 513
  • yammies oaks (2).jpg
    yammies oaks (2).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 517
  • yammies oaks (1).jpg
    yammies oaks (1).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 516
  • yammies oaks.jpg
    yammies oaks.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 513
  • yammies oaks (6).jpg
    yammies oaks (6).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 507
  • yammies oaks (7).jpg
    yammies oaks (7).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 519
That is absolutely gorgeous. You ought to be overjoyed.

So is oak harder than maple, or what? Where does it fall into the spectrum of sound?

That is absolutely gorgeous. You ought to be overjoyed.

So is oak harder than maple, or what? Where does it fall into the spectrum of sound?

Yes, it is harder than maple, but to me the Oak sure can compete with my maple custom, its not maple nor is it Birch, it has a sound of its own, and i like it very much, those drums are very underrated. You can tune them high or very low, very easy to tune.
And they are not as loud as some might say.

What a great find. Beautiful finish and I like the sizes also. For second hand they are great looking for sure.

.......but already having a RC and a MC
Sweet kit. All sweet kits. Now you only have to choose if you want to play maple, birch or oak, on any given day.

How old is this kit? If you hadn't mentioned the second hand part I never would have guessed used. Looking great. So which is your favorite yammie? Oh and is that a paiste ride i spy?

How old is this kit? If you hadn't mentioned the second hand part I never would have guessed used. Looking great. So which is your favorite yammie? Oh and is that a paiste ride i spy?

I don't know how long the former owner had this kit, did not ask, but i suppose he never used it, apart from some stickmarks on the stockheads the kit is flawless, looks like new.

The ride....yes, you're right it is a 20" paiste traditional ride (also second hand).

Djeb

The ride....yes, you're right it is a 20" paiste traditional ride (also second hand).

Djeb

Sweet! We could start a club (I have a second hand '98 traditionals 20" medium ride). Nice cymbals aren't they?

IMG_0014.jpg

Speaking of clubs, here's my shameless plug for the paiste lovers club here on drummerworld.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

Incredible what a little hunting around will find for ya! Thats a beatiful kit man, really, congrats - Yammie Oaks are just awsome!

Back