Single verse Double Cam??

I think you mean double or single chain. If you were to have a double "cam" that would be a double bass pedal. Personally speaking, I like the double chain. It's less likely to bend or twist (slightly mind you) and like thinking that that the double chain is sturdier. All though I've never heard of a single chain breaking. A lot of it just depends on what feels better to you.

some of those single chains have a way of coming off the cam, which is beyond annoying. i've never had that happen with a double chain.

I notice a little sideways play in footbards on single-chain pedals, and nearly none on double chains.

Re: Single verse Double Chain(ed) Bass Pedals??

Does 1 chain versus 2 make a big difference?

In playability/speed, no. The style of cam, tension of the spring, and different beaters/heads/tunings make MUCH more difference.

I notice a little sideways play in footbards on single-chain pedals, and nearly none on double chains.

Yep. Sometimes I like the "play", and other times I don't. I've got 2 DW 5000 pedals for this reason.

some of those single chains have a way of coming off the cam, which is beyond annoying. i've never had that happen with a double chain.

I've only experienced this with double chains (3 times!!!), and never with single chains. I guess it's just the luck of the draw...

Back